killswitch

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 7383camaro, May 13, 2005.

1. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    Do a search in the compitition section, there's been several really good threads, with pics, ect.

2. wookie

wookie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  3. wookie

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida
    The Ravelco sounds pretty friggen cool!

4. 71 Camaro

71 Camaro Veteran Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Cedartucky
    If you have a dead short to ground from your ignition your car won't start. Just run a wire to a ground from screw on coil. Put a switch on it and nobody is going anywhere in your car. Take your time and wire it into the loom with a spade so it looks like it belongs. Hide the switch wear ever. Usually it ain't hard to find a place under the dash that you can reach, but is hard to see. I did this to my cars years ago when I lived in an apt in Houston. People's cars were disappearing left and right. Not nice ones either. Somebody even broke into my old beater Catalina and stole a shitty swiss army knife. They didn't get my car though.

5. wookie

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida

How do you do that with an HEI? Id like to do that if I had a diagram of some sort, but I am a dee dee dee when it comes to electrical stuff....

6. 71 Camaro

71 Camaro Veteran Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Cedartucky
    Find the hot wire I reckon. Should be able to probe for it using a 12v probe. Should be hot when key is on only. I don't know which on it is exactly. Somebody else around here does I'm sure.

7. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Bremen, Ga
    Look on your HEI.. Driver's side, back towards the firwall side of dist.. You will have a wire pluged into the dist.

That is your 12 volt wire to power the coil.

You can put a toggel switch on that wire and kill the power to coil.

Trace the wire back inside the car.. Cut it, put a 15 amp rated on/off toggel switch inbetween the wire you just cut (one end of wire to one post of toggel, other end of wire to other post on toggel)

Now just flip the switch one and 12 volts goes to the coil, engine turns over and fires up...

Flip the switch off and starter will still spin, but engine won't never fire up

8. wookie

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida
  9. Camaro11

Camaro11 Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    I guess I'm sort of an Odd Bird around here. I never lock my car, except at the Mall (which is a rare thing). I have no anti-theft devices.

I always got a kick from watching people in the parking lot at work setting
    their alarm on the Honda Civic while I leave my Mustang GT Convertible
    unlocked.

If someone stole my Camaro, and the word got out, it would not take long
    to find. There simply are not that many Cowl Hood, Dark Burgundy,
    C&C T-Top, 78 LT Type Camaros around.