Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by CorkyE, Nov 2, 2017.

1. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I tried calling and waited forever. They dumped my 1st call. Called back and waited another 6 or 7 mins then just hung up. Maybe email them they might respond.

2. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Most likely easier to just buy a new one :-(

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    I went online and filled out the form with shipping address, said it would be 15 - 20 working days for replacements. You'll get a tracking and phone number if you have problems. Just follow the link I posted and you'll get there. I didn't even try the phone deal, figured it would be unreachable. We'll see how it goes.

From the video a local news station did, the plastic handle broke when trying to discharge the extinguisher. She just took the handle, laid it across the brass plunger and re-activated it. A bit clumsy but still worked. I'm not saying that's the reason for this recall, but just the situation I saw.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    They claimed an out of spec lubricant was the reason. And they were the ones made in Mexico only. Mine is USA. Must have caused a leak in the valve it-self.

5. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    i got one from 98 so i get a new one yeah!

6. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    FedEx truck just pulled into the driveway, guy handed me 3 new extinguishers. Pretty good service I think. :)