Kerosene to flush engine???

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by White81Z28, Mar 22, 2008.

1. blades67

blades67 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Same thing is true with women.

See above.

2. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    you siphon antifreeze? hmmm :happy:

3. TheFly

TheFly Guest

I know there are folks who can jump into a pit of gease head first and come out with a clean white shirt on but them type of folks are just odd ;)

No one taste fluids on purpose, but if you really work on cars, its gonna happen.

Worst fluid to taste on accident, old rear end lube.
    Oh you thought it just smelled bad...........

Though some of use are just dirty mechanics in the way we don't even think about what we have on, we just climb in under or around the car without a thought. I purposly can't wear nice clother or even white as soon as I do, Ill see something and crawl under the car not even thinking about what I have on.

Picked up a $25 patch work leather biker jacket just for that.
    So I don't ruin my good leather jacket for the bike being my typical self.
    Very nice fit, I like the texture of the different pieces. Some rough, some baby smooth. Only $25, how can ya go wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300081339193

http://stores.ebay.com/Jillian-Distributors

4. archemedes

archemedes Veteran Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Saraland AL,USA
    just changing the oil a bit more frequently will clean the engine pretty well (I did a couple oil changes on my '79 monte under 2000 miles when the oil was like that, and after teh second one it was clean)

5. Bowties_1971_Z

Bowties_1971_Z Veteran Member

no dont do that!!!.
    my dad back in the day (early 80's when he worked on a farm) used to run dieasl fuel right in the crank case in those old bobcats and piggy back forklifts on the sod trucks. it was ok back then cause dieasl had the extra sulpher in it and was able to keep the bearings and seal held together but today you can't do that.
    just run intake clean through her and thats about as best it gets. (we have an actuall industrial cleaner style in our shop when we run the emissions testing it changes the numbers BIG TIME. works well. snap-on has them and sells them.)

6. Tpx

Tpx Veteran Member

True that.

7. Unkstur

Unkstur Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Tulsa
    I've had some pretty strange looks when someone tells me there is something leaking out of their car
    and I ask them what it tastes like.
    Reminds me of the Cheech and Chong skit about the dog crap lol

8. camarokidz28

camarokidz28 Veteran Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Oak Forest, IL, USA
    people don't intentionaly drink the fluids, not me at least. some of you might.. haha. but usually happens when ur siphoning, or you get done working, and have a snack w/ out washing your hands prior to eating.

9. wardee77

wardee77 Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Northern New York
    I 've worked as a boat mechanic for years and anytime we had a submarine(sunken boat) I would suck out the oil and replace filter and add half fuel oil and half motor oil and warm up engine. It would clean all the leftover water out of the engine. Then replace filter and fresh oil again. I've probably done this about 20 times on diffent chevy's with no problem whatsoever.

10. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    For the record, Automatic Transmission Fluid contains NO DETERGENTS.