Kent's 79 ever changing project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by FatnLow, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Bout to get it sewed up there fatnlow. Nice work. Charlton

2. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Thanks Charlton. I put up some fresh pics tomorrow. I ended up redoing around the light with some wire screen in the kit to enhance the hold. Urethane doen't bond the greatest to rubber.

I also went to the testntune with Promods running. The were running from 3.91 to low 4's in the 1/8th. Hauling a$$. After we got to run about an hour. It was 55 degrees out and about 75 humidity. Since the track was sticking so well I got my fastest 1/8 mile yet at 8.573 going 79.3. I had a 1.827 60 ft also. I ran against a 67 Chevelle with a big block and slicks he ran 6.948 at 100.9. Good time tonight I enjoyed myself I got about 8 runs in in total from the 8.5 to 9.1. Drag racing takes some tree skills definitely.

3. justinz28

justinz28 New Member

Apr 20, 2012
    canada
    thanks for the compliments on my z.Your camaro looks good too and has the stance that im shooting for.ya i cant wait to bang some gears,u should go for the 4 speed swap too.

4. FatnLow

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Here is a picture from Monday. I drove it to work and on the way home I got stuck in traffic jam idling for at least 30 minutes on the interstate. There is no doubt that I have a 190 thermostat.
    btw..I planon going to Montgomery Motorsports park this Friday for the Southern Outlaw series. It is also Test and tune so the track should have a lot of grip. Come on out.

[​IMG]

5. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
  6. vernonwright

vernonwright Veteran Member

Jan 28, 2009
    North Tazewell, VA
    How is that plastic welder doing .I saw one used on the power block it looked kool how much was it and do you have a part number for it thanks man

7. FatnLow

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Thanks Matt.

Vernon I did it about 6 months ago and I've left it in the Alabama sun a few times and it still looks good. I need to get back to it with putty smoothing it out and primer etc. I bought it from Harbor Freight I think around $17. It took me a couple tries. I finally had to melt a screen mesh that was supplied in the kit to get it as firm is I'd like it. I need to get back on my car. I've been sidetracked by my kids project civic.

8. FatnLow

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Man it has been a while since I've done anything on my Camaro. About a year ago I bought a front spoiler from a member. I finally got motivated to get it on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm going to pull it back off and give a little spray job and then mount it permanent.

9. FatnLow

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Looking at this post I can now see how I've neglected the old girl. 2013? Explains the expired tabs. I got new plates and fired it up last night. Dand holley bowl screws are leaking so I couldn't drive it today. I will be in it tomorrow.

10. Z-Life

Z-Life New Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Florida
    Great car, looks like you've been at it a while. Hope you got the carb fixed and interested to see pics of the bumper cover repair. I've got a similar scoop to install, we will see how mine goes. I bet that was a ton of fun out there on test n tune nights, I live 10 miles from Moroso and hope to get mine on the track too! Thanks for sharing and get the car out spend some time with it, it misses you. :)