Just Sea Foam'd My Car...

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by hardline_42, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    It's not really only $18 if you plan on replacing both O2 sensors because you used it now is it ???

Those ain't cheap. :eek: I haven't used my Sea Foam yet,
    but I will when it comes time. I've heard it's the shiznit.

2. hardline_42

hardline_42 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The O2 sensors are about $15 a pop and I haven't replaced them yet. I don't notice any negative effects so they're probably no worse than before, but I bought them so I might as well install them. AFAIK, they've never been changed and now is as good a time as ever.

3. Levi

Levi Guest

Im seeing better acceleration and its only day two. Now the pedal is touchy and it scoots.

4. wookie

wookie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida
    Hmmmm.........Mr. sceptical here may hafta get some for the s-dime project truck....

5. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I used it in my 260k mile Ranger and my milage with from about 280-290 a tank to 320+. Accelerated a little better also.

6. 1980 Camaro Berlinetta

1980 Camaro Berlinetta Veteran Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Fairmount,Indiana
    Stuff works great, one of our better sellers here in the parts store I work in, Sell a lot of the regular Sea Foam, not too much on the Deep Creep, Sell a lot of Trans Tune too. Stuff works in about anything you can think of for your car.

7. dwright406

dwright406 Veteran Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Lake Jackson Tx
    Yeah, Seafoam's some good stuff.
    I used it in my 150k mile LT1 Impala, sucked it in the booster hose until it died, let it set about 20 minutes then went down the highway. Damn car left a smoke screen for about 15 minutes after I left the house, then it smoothed out and ran like new.
    I'm sold on the stuff.
    I talked a buddy into trying it in his wife's Mazda that was running rough with clattering valves, it fixed every drivability problem that car had.

8. Levi

Levi Guest

Hey can you use this stuff every other 1000 miles or what? Because I only put a little in there, not alot. Should I suck the stuff up with my brake booster line too?

9. GetMore

GetMore Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Patterson, NY
    I don't think you need to do it every 1K. Most people use the brake booster hose as an easy way to get the fluid into the intake. If you've got EFI you usually cannot pour it in. If you have a carb it is simple because you can.
    The directions don't tell you to use much, but the instructions I have gotten from other people said to use most of the can, slowly pouring it in, and then to dump the rest of the can in fast enough to stall the engine. Then let it sit 20 minutes before starting it back up and smoking out the neighborhood.
    If you got good results off the little bit you used and you'd like to repeat it every month or so, then go for it. Let us know what your results are. You might not see a change after your first application, but it might not lose performance again, or it might continue to get better as time goes on.

10. Levi

Levi Guest

Ill continue to let you know, I bought like 5 cans lol! So I have plenty