Did it to my 4th gen DD. I went to [Insert Generic Auto Parts Store Here] and picked up two cans of Sea Foam and one can of Sea Foam Deep Creep spray. Went to the gas station, dumped one can of Sea Foam in the tank and filled up with premium. Drove home, popped the hood and unplugged the brake booster vac hose. I poured half a can of Sea Foam into an empty water bottle, stuck a funnel into the vac hose and started the car. After letting it run for a few minutes (the vac leak makes it idle high) I slowly poured 2/3 of the water bottle contents into the funnel making sure not to let the car stall out. The last third gets dumped in all at once to make the car stall. This suspends the Sea Foam in the chambers and lets it do it's job. I reconnected the vac hose and removed the airbox and elbow assembly to expose the throttle body. I had my sister-in-law hold down the gas pedal to open the throttle blades and sprayed the Deep Creep into the throttle, wiping away any grime I could reach. Then I reinstalled the airbox assembly. Obviously, for a carb setup, remove the air filter assembly and spray directly into the carb. I waited about 20 minutes and then I dumped the remainder of the Sea Foam can into the crankcase (scary, I know). Sea Foam is pretty aggressive and I'm afraid it's gonna disintegrate my already-weak seals, so I'm gonna change the oil after I get back from work tomorrow and add some Lucas Oil Stab to the new oil. It took a little while to start it up afterwards but it finally took and the tailpipes started spewing copious amounts of thick blue smoke (tip: close your windows before you start it up). After letting it idle for about 10 - 15 minutes, I jumped in the car and tore out of my development leaving a 50 foot long blanket of smoke for the neighbors to enjoy. I drove it hard for about 20 minutes (had to go to Home Depot) and the results were instant. First off, the idle was way smoother. There was always a slight miss that is now gone, making the idle crisp and effortless (this is nice considering my new poly mounts were amplifying all the engine vibrations). Acceleration was great. Very smooth compared to before with less bogging between 1st and 2nd (notorius on a 700R4/4L60E). The engine revs and feels much looser. It's a totally different animal. I'll have to see how much mpg's I gained by cleaning the sludge and carbon out of my engine but, judging by the amount of junk that blew out of my tailpipes, I would say it'll be atleast noticeable. Even though the Sea Foam instructions say it's safe, I'm gonna replace the O2 sensors. I don't like the idea of all that gunk passing through the exhaust. For a carbed engine, this obvioulsy won't be necessary. In short, for $18 worth of Sea Foam and a half hour of work, I'd say this is a worthwhile maintenance procedure.