Just got my first Camaro - 1979 Z28

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by corellianvette, Sep 5, 2011.

1. corellianvette

corellianvette New Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Woodinville, WA
    Greetings everyone!

Wanted to post up that I just purchased my first Camaro, a 1979 Z28.

I've recently gotten into the 2nd gen Fbody cars after restoring a variety of other makes/models, most recently an '80 Firebird.

I got this at auction this weekend - it's interesting because I'd seen it listed on ebay and was interested in it, and then went to this auction and it was there. Picked it up for what I think is a really good price. On top of the car being in great shape, it also included the original turbine wheels and ALL the documentation - service manuals, owner’s manual, brochures and the build sheet.

The body overall is in excellent shape. The paint is very, very nice and someone spent and unbelievable amount of time detailing the engine compartment. Underneath the car is in fantastic shape – factory F41 car (per build sheet), no rot, does not appear to have been hit, no holes in the floor. Super clean.

NOW - I'm pretty familiar with GM brands and Firebirds, but I don't know the details of Camaros. So I'm hoping someone can help me establish what’s correct/missing from the car and maybe answer a few questions.

So here goes:

- The last six digits for the VIN is 601055 and the sequence number for the car is 7134 – is that a pretty late build?
    -There are several numbers on the build sheet that I could not find on the RPO list online. Can anyone identify these (in terms of where to find what they looked like originally?) I’d like to care for the car and bring it back to as original as possible.
    B81 DELT BDY ORN
    D88 SPORT STRIPES
    T93 BLK TAIL LPS
    19I BLACK TRIM
    53A GOLD STRIPE#1

I’m not a guy generally concerned with rarity or value, but I am wondering how common people think the car is. Minus A/C and power windows, it’s pretty heavily optioned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Albert

2. vfw_1168

vfw_1168 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 3, 2010
    wheelersburg,ohio
    nice find and welcome to nastyz the best site on the net.... the cross hairs are missing off the front park lamps/ turn signals.... fbodywharehouse has them but they have to be painted and glued on .... the car looks awesome

3. crome dome

crome dome Veteran Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Round rock Texas
    Really slick looking car!

4. 1dkm4me

1dkm4me Veteran Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Phoenix Arizona
    Beautiful! Keep it stock!

5. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Super clean find!

Welcome to your next obsession!

Enjoy driving it!

6. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Alabama
  7. flak monkey

flak monkey Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Norfolk, UK
    Very clean, and in the best color!

8. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Welcome!! you will get addicted to this site and it has very useful information from very experienced individuals!!
    Depending on how much you paid, there doesn't seem to be much else you need to add to this vehicle. Looks very nice and VERY clean!!! If it is numbers matching and original miles, I would pay up to $15K for this! Very nice find!!!

Love the user name too!! A very nice ship!!!

9. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    Very nice. I now see the tire wrap things I need to hold up the lines going to the vapor canister. You have to love a no a/c car for the cleanliness under the hood. A few people down here were shocked to see my car and the options but yet no a/c. I told them it was ordered and delivered in Federal Way, WA and then ended up in Portland, OR. They did'nt order a/c, they used the money for other options.

Anyway, nice car. Are you going to put the stripes back on? It will totally change the entire car with a stripe kit. Enjoy it.

10. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

VERY nice looking car..:eek:
    welcome aboard Nasty-Z:cool: