Just a 79 camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by PTC, Jun 12, 2016.

1. PTC

PTC New Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Kloogaranna
    It has been some journey from 2011. No motor no transmission. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like car is produced for Europe - having German tags. Havent been able to find any references in internet on such Europen options.
    Currently working on wiring - using EZ wiring set - which is a small challenge. In terms of motor - thinking on LS1 - as work in progress with wiring - a supporting comments would be appreciated regards wiring aspects of having LS1.

2. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

Not sure how easy it would be for you to get an LS over there, but if you can easily get one, that would be the route I would take.

On the wiring you may want to hold off until you get a motor, if you get an LS there are going to be a few wiring differences. There will be some wires you will need to add and some that you will need to delete.

3. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Accord,New York
  4. PTC

PTC New Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Kloogaranna
    Thanks for comments; Working on wiring - fuse box installed. Using some general GM wiring means a lot of adapting work. Still having problems to find good fastening option for horn relay - doubt that it was designed just hang freely on wires. + as still planning to have LS1 in engine - i need to find location under dash for 2 relays at least - fuel pump and brake switch - location advices would be appreciated. As there is no circuit in fuse box for rear window defogger - power to be taken from accessory ports but having been able to find suitable terminals yet.
    [​IMG]

5. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT
    FWIT...my horn realy is hanging freely on my 79. (I think I cable tied it up to something)

6. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    The car looks great! I agree with others, if you can get an LS engine, go with that!

7. Yeah a German Camaro in Estonia :) Something you don't see that often.
    Willing to share what you think are "German options".

If Estonian parts places are somewhat like German stores - that is having no frigging clue what you're talking about or what you need, than I may be of assistance.
    But I would need some detailed explanation what you actually want to do and what you think you need, or what you have.
    Especially wiring is kind of a no-mans land here in Europe, finding terminals, splices, connectors or insulation is horror.

And yes, that color is awesome :)

8. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Nice!! You can tell by the tail lights. Amber on the outside. Welcome!!

9. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

That is just euro spec.

10. Carinsulation.com

Carinsulation.com Veteran Member NazstyZ28 Sponsor Gold Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Coplay PA
    You could always go with a 5.3 iron block with a turbo and then add a tremec 6 speed to that and call it a day! :bowtie: :cool:

Good luck with your project!