JohnL71RS’s Project restart…..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Bob,

But I cheated, I did alot of work over 15 years ago. Floor pans, rollcage. Not to mention, I used to weld and fit for a living. That always helps. Now I sit behind a computer all day. Hope to be done by this time next year.

2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Great job so far!! I'm lovin the Cragar SST's!!:eek: :cool:

3. 73RS/LT

73RS/LT Veteran Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Project looks great John! Great story and it looks like you're really getting after it. I'll definately be following along with your progress. It sounds like you have a lot of the same goals for your car as I have for mine.

4. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    I love to see these threads with alot of metal work in them. Looks like your off to a great start and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics.

5. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    I know, got them cheap in 1986. Have been long gone though. They looked like chrome Centerlines back then. Sold them and bought real Centerlines. Still on car today. Thanks for stopping by my thread.

6. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    I have been following your thread. Get work too. i too am thinkin about taking out the braces in the doors. I need to get a dent out dr door. Thanks for checking out my thread.

7. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    One thing I got from all of your threads is the pics. So I am trying to take lots of pics. the pics in other threads help me with many ideas i had for my project. Plus the pics help explain many things. More pics in next thread. Thanks for stopping bye.

8. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Congratulation JohnL71RS! There's a lot of work, but a lot of satisfactions! I'm glad to see you save a big piece of GM hystory! ;)

9. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Well yesterday was pretty good. Didn't get as much done as I planned, but things happened. Just sat down to start chiseling off the panel and my spring on my air chisel broke. Had to run to Lowe’s to get new one. Then I had the task of removing the trunk ext and quarter from under the rear panel. What a pain in the butt. Finally got area finished. Notice how many spot welds was on the trunk ext.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  10. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Next issue was that I noticed the passenger side wheel well is damaged. I know the car had been wrecked on that side, but didn’t know the extent. I will probably have to order a passenger side wheel well and either replace the bad areas or just replace the whole thing. If anyone has one left over, let me know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017