John , buickfunnycar ......

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Nov 8, 2017.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Do you know this Race car chassis fab shop called Victory Race cars ??? . They've worked on a lot of Nostalgia Fuel cars , especially cars for CHRR and will be doing some updates on my Camaro

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Victory-Race-Cars/244628685668674

2. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oh sure, Victory has been around a while.

What mods are they doing Chuck?

muscl car likes this.
  3. muscl car

Updating the cage from 8pt to 10pt , replacing the Jaz poly seats with kirkey aluminum seats , sheet metal door panels with race car interior door handles and redoing sheet metal panels covering rear bulkhead / package tray

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. muscl car

5. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

HOLY CRAP, no wonder my guys makes his own kit.

You're going to be looking like a real race car in no time!!!!
    Where did you put the front bars??
    I screwed up on mine and went low, instead of through the vents like I should have.
    Brain fart, wasn't thinking right!!!!

muscl car likes this.
  6. muscl car

Not sure how the front bars will be placed I'll leave that up to the shop doing the work . yes that's an expensive universal door handle !!!

7. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Chuck, it seems like it was only a year or so ago that you had the cage done to start with.....

.... already time to update it??

muscl car likes this.
  8. muscl car

The seat height is to tall to begin with and with my helmet on it rubs the inner roof panel and the cage is built around the seat height so I'm redoing it

Mike N likes this.
  9. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Screw that, it's your car, your dough. You should decide if you want the bars as high as possible, which works better,
    or low like I did and lose a tiny bit of strength!!
    Plus if you go high, the dash bar will be in a much better location.
    Mine is set up horribly for the dash bar :(

10. muscl car

Finally was able to get the Camaro over to Victory Race cars and Ron , the owner found some safety concerns so will be redoing the cage . Also removing the poly seats and replacing with Kirkey aluminum seats . They will also redo the rear bulkhead / package tray

I'm also going with sheet metal door panels , the windshield bars will be tucked in tight as he will pull the dash and the bars will go thru the metal panel of the upper dash

The Camaro will be there on Monday and should be done by next Friday .I got to tour his shop and was impressed for what I saw , his work is top notch . Ron even showed me a nostalgia funny car he's building with a 69 Camaro body

We started talking and OCIR Drag strip came up and found out we might have raced against ea other back in the early 80's

Blown Camaro likes this.