Jack Cover

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by Jeraboa, Sep 23, 2008.

1. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    As a Bowtie judge I can say that repro parts are accepted in Bowtie judging BUT they must be of the highest quality. If they look like junk then we deduct the appropriate points.
    If the car being judged is going to legends the following year we recommend to the owner that any repop part be replaced with GM or original if possible.

I'm not going to get into the rest of what has been posted lately because it falls outside the scope of this discusion.

Rick H.

2. fmarullo

fmarullo Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Jim,
    Given some of us have a failrly active ebay life, I would state that you should provide at worst a neutral feedback and at best a postive feedback. He has changed the description - although he still contends that it might be NOS. He did accurately describe the item, ship it quickly and stand behind his return policy. I know as I purchased one as well. One thing to consider, maybe he did buy these as he stated. And then when he realized all the talk it generated, he decided to buy one that was known to be original at a premium price just to compare. Of course this is all specualtion, however from an ebay point of view, he provided good service. I have only left negative when I was ripped off or the item was totally misrepresented and the seller would not offer a refund. I dont believe this seller deserves a negative feedback becuase either he was duped or is over stating that this could be NOS. He was as clear as he could be about a refund under any circumstance. He did leave the door open that could be repopped - I didnt think it was dishonest - he was letting the buyer decide and essentially use a try and buy method.
    I have no skin in this -I dont know this person aside from also having purchased a cover from him (her). I was satisfied with the transaction and the part. Having purchased many parts (several from you) I value my feedback as do you. I think this seller made many happy 2nd gen owners, provided a high qiuality product and great service to go along with it. I leave it to you from here Jim.
    Thanks for your time
    Frank Marullo

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  3. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    That cover is worth $100? What is an original one worth?

Gosh, I better call Brinks to guard my original parts! :screwup:

4. GREGS396

GREGS396 Veteran Member

Oct 16, 1999
    allentown pa
    An "Original" cover with the tab still attached was worth anywhere from
    $300-$400 before this one became availalbe. It was a very difficult part to find in good/excellent condition for people who really needed it to make their car complete and correct.

5. spons

spons Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Indy
    Just picked up one of these "NOS" / "repro" covers for $50!

6. spons

spons Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Indy
    My cover arrived last week. It's perfect.

There is another on eBay now. Search titles for "camaro, 1970 ,71,72,73 JACK COVER".

7. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Yes it is. This guy also makes a very good Z28 center cap.

8. 70moneypit

70moneypit Veteran Member

Jul 18, 2012
    North Texas
    Does anyone have one of these repops they want to sell me? Where can I find one these days?

9. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
  10. 70moneypit

70moneypit Veteran Member

Jul 18, 2012
    North Texas
    Thanks, I'll try to get in touch with him if it's not too late. I appreciate the heads up!