I've been washing my car all wrong all these years.

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by iregret, Feb 9, 2010.

1. 77Z28BLACK

77Z28BLACK Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I turn on the water slowly and flood the paint letting road debris dust slowly loosen and make its way off the car. To dry, compressed air then pat dry a little using microfiber rag if need be. Always cool temps in the shade to avoid water spots. I still haven't washed it since new paint went on 6 months ago, black is most noticeable for swirls and spiderwebbing so check weather before going out and try my best not to contact with acid rain.

2. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

May 23, 2007
    MD
    The correct way to wash a car is the 2 bucket method and a CRSpotless which I have and would never do with out ever again.

[​IMG]

3. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 29, 2010
    texas
    I need this because MR. clean isnt around anymore!!!

4. DevelsDaughter

DevelsDaughter Veteran Member

May 11, 2011
    nj
    According to the internet "Everyone has been doing EVERYTHING WRONG"

5. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

May 23, 2007
    MD

LOL The crspotless is the real deal. The main issue with it is the cost of refills. I can wash my black 07 yukon on a 100 degree day in the direct sun and get zero spots. :cool:

6. Sledhed

Sledhed New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    bellefonte pa
    My father has owned a detail shop for 40 plus years. He claims drying them off with a towel or shammy is where those scratches come from. He uses his shop vac, it has detachable leaf blower and he now blow drys all his cars before waxing. It does a great job, you can do around the doors,trunk and engine compartment

7. Andrew Atkins

Andrew Atkins New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Florida
    eco cleaners do an excellent job