It's seat cover time. ebay? yearone? who?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by rocket dawg, Jan 20, 2018.

1. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Veteran Member

May 5, 2015
    Grand Rapids Mi
    The prices varies drastically between all of them. I will need new "buns" for the front seats. I have cloth seats now, thinking of going vinyl. Basic black. Tell me which ones to stay clear of. Which ones are good, etc.... problems incurred.. fit...etc thanks. Doing the whole interior soon

2. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    Go Legendary, you won't be sorry. Seat buns, American Cushion Industries. Many vendors.

3. slayer021175666

slayer021175666 Veteran Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Idaho
    I second the Legendary sentiment. Unless you don't have the $$$. PUI is good but, a little hit or miss in my experience. I had to send mine back the first time they sent some. The stitching ran right through the wilt cord in one place and had twisted seams in a couple other spots. FBody Warehouse understood and were quite helpfull! Sent me another set that was spot on! Now, my seats look Great!
    As for the buns, I reused the rears. Nobody sits back there so they hold shape quite well. The fronts, I think I ordered them from Speedway or something like that. It was an ebay seller. $249 for both seats, shipped! I can look it up if you want me to.

4. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    I also recommend Legendary. My 71 came with cloth interior. Legendary sent me samples of the interior to view. It took about a month for them to make my covers but it was worth the wait. Their customer support is great also.

5. rocket dawg

May 5, 2015
    Grand Rapids Mi
    Tried legendary's website yesterday and it was stuck. so i couldnt get a price. yes if you can tell me the ebay sellers name, that would be appreciated. I'll price check everything that I find and post it here.

6. rocket dawg

May 5, 2015
    Grand Rapids Mi
    $649.99 From F-body warehouse complete set. fronts and rears. So far.

7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    If you are looking at Legendary, check with www.A2ZVehicleParts.com, or Chuck,CamarosRus, on this site, as they can get you discounts , off the list price, unless Legendary is running a sale.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  8. slayer021175666

slayer021175666 Veteran Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Idaho
  9. rocket dawg

May 5, 2015
    Grand Rapids Mi
    There site is up and running again. Basic black vinyl is $685. Looking at the cloth seats now, I believe I have hobnail now in dark blue. Has anyone tried the Lombardy grain covers? what do you think of them?

10. Rick@NPD

Rick@NPD Veteran Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Legendary is "Legendary" for being way-behind in production, and if you order directly from them (or anyone else for that matter), you'll be very likely waiting for months.

We are the only ones I'm aware of that actually STOCKS most of the Legendary upholstery line. We also stock American Classic Cushion seat foam. Of course, watch us be sold-out of the year/color you need (Murphy's Law ;) ), but hopefully we would have what you need at the same price as direct from Legendary, if not cheaper.

Rick
    NPD