It's been awhile... Time to log back in!

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by hotrod-71, Oct 12, 2016.

1. hotrod-71

hotrod-71 Veteran Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ
    It's been quite awhile, 3 years it looks like since my last login! Got the bug, and decided to log back in as I've been anonymously browsing threads... figured it'd be good for me to get back on and post some pics, and some feedback on recent parts I've used on the latest one I'm just wrapping up!

The last car I did that is relevant to this board was this gray 71. It was never a keeper, just a stalled project that I did because it was just sitting... and I wanted to do it.
    [​IMG]

That was about 4 years ago. There were a few cars after that, either I did, or I helped my dad with... 68 Buick GS, 66 Mustang restomod, 71 Chevelle SS 454. My current project is my ultimate... a 71 Firebird I'm doing as a T/A but with full Ridetech suspension, Anvil carbon fiber hood, 455, T-56, B-forged wheels, all the good stuff, so I've been on the Pontiac forums most often for that.

This latest project is one that's very sentimental to the family. My dad bought this 70 Rally Sport back in 1983. His brother then expressed an interest in it, and used it as his first car for a year or two. My dad got it back, it was last registered in 1987, then it sat since then for various reasons. We decided it needed to be back on the road, so we've been working hard on it for about a year now here and there. It's an original Daytona Yellow Rally Sport, but my dad installed Z28 badges back in the day, so we decided to carry it all the way cosmetically. Using it at my sister's wedding this Saturday was a big driving factor. I painted it myself on October 1st, so it's been a thrash these last 2 weeks!!!!

Here's how it's looking now. I'll have final pics of it all clean, and proper... out in the sun this weekend! So expect to see this one out and about in the next couple weeks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    That's a nice ride and a great story. The paint looks good. Was this your first paint job?

3. hotrod-71

hotrod-71 Veteran Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thanks! It's not my first actually. I painted my first car at 16, that was 14 years ago, I've painted probably about 7-8 complete cars. Not enough to be an expert, but I think I'm gradually getting better.

4. AllensaurusRex

AllensaurusRex Veteran Member

May 22, 2013
    Murfreesboro TN
    Awesome. Need to see some more pics.

5. carcrazed

carcrazed Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ