Insurance :(

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by the_camaro_kid, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. the_camaro_kid

    the_camaro_kid Veteran Member

    The camaro was my Idea.
    I bought it myself and I have to insure it.
    My Mom wanted no part in it, she was against the camaro.
  2. Ltguy

    Ltguy Veteran Member

    Dec 27, 2004
    Zeeland MI
    i turned 16 a few weeks ago and im drivin a 76 Lt with 350 and a 4 speed. my insurance is sky high too, haha.
  3. 73ttop

    73ttop Member

    Dec 29, 2003
    Milwaukie, OR, USA
    Glad I'm not 21 anymore! I pay $480 a year for full coverage on both my Camaro and my Wife's K-car.
  4. Naked Ape

    Naked Ape Member

    Mar 14, 2005
    Orient, Ohio, USA
    Get collector insurance if you can, like Hagarty or Condon and Skelly.

    I pay 225.00 a year for ten grand of insurance on my 55 Chevrolet.

    State Farm charges me $30 a month for insurance on my 71 chevelle, full coverage...

    But then I turn 40 in September. My son is going to have High Ins. to pay when he turns 16.

  5. THOMAS81Z

    THOMAS81Z Veteran Member

    Sep 30, 2000
    new market NH
    I just did hagerty insurance they qouted me 205 for a year!!!wow
  6. dc8v8er

    dc8v8er New Member

    Jun 20, 2005
    NC USA
    Im with AON collector car insurance, 100/yr with unlimited miles 100/300
  7. April81Z28

    April81Z28 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

    Jun 15, 2004
    Eldersburg, MD, USA
    If it's your daily driver, you can't go the collector insurance route.

    It sounds like you are stuck paying the premiums, but shop around...

    A's Z
    1981 Z28 - Original owner
    Numbers matching 305, 4-speed, hardtop

    1972 Sport Coupe
    350 automatic, ceramic coated headers, dual Flowmasters, 650 Holley
  8. Chuck78

    Chuck78 Veteran Member

    Oct 22, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    going from "stock" to "modified" took my 71 Camaro (I guessed $17000 after I restore it) from $151 to $305. I'm 27 years old. Not bad... Have to pass this along to my dad.

    '71 RS/SS project: full roller 406sbc / 9.76:1 w/ E-Tec Al. heads / 750 Competition AFB / big 4 whl discs, 1-5/16 VSE ft & 1" Rancho adj. rr sway bars / 4 speed 3.23 posi / 81 Z28 & dual snorkel vette Air Induction
  9. Mwilson

    Mwilson Veteran Member

    Is there anywhere where you can buy "specilty" ins on a "Project" car? its a daily driver occasional track car and far from a show car, but it would be a heck of a loss if it were totaled/stolen/burnt up/tree fell you know what i mean.

Share This Page