inspection trouble with blinkers ASAP

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by jking, Nov 21, 2002.

1. jking

jking Veteran Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Fort Worth, Texas, USA
    I went early to see if my camaro would pass the safety inspection, thank god that is all it needs.

The problem is my rear blinkers work, my side blinkers work, but my FRONT BLINKERS (driving lights) do not work. The driving lights come on but do not blink.

I am going to replace both bulbs to see if this alievates the problem. If not I will try to splice in to the front side blinkers to see if that works.

I would like to know if there is a definitive fix for this or if anyone else has had this problem.

------------------
    John King
    72 Camaro
    355/700r4
    450+hp

2. jking

jking Veteran Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Fort Worth, Texas, USA
    according to the wiring diagram they are already wired to the sidemakers, So I am going to try to replace the bulbs.

If anyone knows what to do please help me

------------------
    John King
    72 Camaro
    355/700r4
    450+hp

3. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Selah, WA
    Every since i bought my camaro i have ahd nothing but problems with the lighting and wiring on it. My buddy has the same problems, i just guess its a camaro curse or something

4. tbill

tbill Veteran Member

Mar 5, 2001
    durhamville,ny,us
    i'd look for dirty connections, corroded connectors and grounds cause a lot of gremlins.

------------------
    71 ss 350/4spd 69 nova 350/th350 www.americaniron.net

5. jking

jking Veteran Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Fort Worth, Texas, USA
    Well it turns out the old owner put the wrong bulb in there is had one filiment, or i should say only looked like it had one filiment I had to break the bulb and use pliers to get the metal base out.

After I put new bulbs in one side blink but not the other (one that I broke to get out.) I traced the connection to just behind the rad support. I disconnected it and sprayed it with WD40 and wammo everything was right as rain. Although my passenger side blinker is still a little dim (not sure what that is). While I was messing with things I also put a new headlight switch in as mine was not in the best shape. Now my interior light comes on when its supposed to not everytime I hit a bump. [​IMG] Now I just have overheating issues. (sever)

Thank you for your help everyone

------------------
    John King
    72 Camaro
    355/700r4
    450+hp