Input / advise / experience for upgrading steering

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by GDSmith, Jan 2, 2018.

1. GDSmith

GDSmith Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Sure this has been discussed MANY times before.
    Need input (hopefully based on experience) for upgrading the steering in my 73 RS / LT / Z28.
    Car has been updated with a 2006 LS2 / 4l65e, Global West A-arms, Chassisworks 4-link, Vintage Air, Dakota dash, rear disc, coil overs on all 4 corners.... This car is a BLAST to drive and have worked HARD to maintain the stock look.
    Had to replace the rotted floor and working hard to get it back together for the summer, the last time this car was on the road the Dakota dash recorded the 0-60 at 3.5 seconds, rolling out of the hole.
    What a BLAST to drive.
    Thanks for your input in advance.[​IMG]

2. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

May 19, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Assuming your steering linkages, rag joint, and wheel alignment are all in good working order, then it simply comes down to the box.

Lots to choose from and they vary greatly in price. AGR, Delphi, PFTB I believe, IROC, Cardone, Lee Mfg...

I bought an AGR 12:1 box almost 20 years ago and love it. Very tight and responsive. Even more so after having just done tubular upper control arms with ~6.5 deg negative caster.