I'm working on setting my garage up for sidework/camaro work

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by 1981gMachine, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 1981gMachine

1981gMachine Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Airville, PA
    Humm, well from the pole to my garage I think I roughly paced 150ft. My current house line goes from the pole, to the corner of my house, then straight down to the meter. To hook up to the garage, they'd have to run a 2nd cable to the same spot, and from there to my garage. Seems pretty easy to me, but who knows when dealing with electric company.

2. 1981gMachine

Dec 28, 2005
    Airville, PA
    Well I'm moving along now since it's warm out again. I had an electrician come out and upgrade my house to 200amp and run 100amp to the garage. I dug the ditch with the help of my dad. I also buried in the ditch electrical conduit for cat5 cable so I'll have hard wired internet.

I already had a 200amp electric meter so all of this was done with out getting the township or electric company involved. Which is a plus.

A little over 70feet long and exactly 18in deep. All dug by hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Underground wire and my conduit. Just like building an exhaust was putting it together for this bend. I have masonry string inside to pull cable.

[​IMG]

Everything laid down

[​IMG]

Going into the house. I used great stuff on the inside of the basement to seal the hole.

[​IMG]

The LBs going into the garage

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  3. 1981gMachine

Dec 28, 2005
    Airville, PA
    Covered the wire and conduit with about a foot of soil.

[​IMG]

Placed this caution tape down before filling the rest of the ditch. Says something like, "Caution, electrical lines below."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dirt and sod back in place and tamped once.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll have to get updated pics on the yard. I'd say currently about 85% of the grass is back. Only a few sections will need seeding which is ok. I have a few other spots in the yard I want to work on.

4. 1981gMachine

Dec 28, 2005
    Airville, PA
    This past weekend I spent some time wiring the garage. I have all of my wall outlets done. Have 9 double bank outlets around my garage. With 2 near either of my garage doors. I also have them wired A & B. A is the left side and B is the right. So in all, 9 outlets, broken down into 3 groups of 3, then broken down to A & B. 28 plugs on 6 20amp breakers. Overkill? Maybe a bit, but I wont have to worry about having two heat lamps plugged in side by side and popping a breaker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]