I'm so old, computers weren't used yet!!!!

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by mrdragster1970, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looking through boxes for something, found a stack of these.
    Damn I'm OLD :(

[​IMG]hand written time slip 001 by J L, on Flickr

muscl car likes this.
  2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If got some hand written time slips from 1978 thru 83 from Fremont Drag Strip and OCIR

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I've been looking for stuff like that from when I started in the late 60's. Found some stuff, but no time slips. They didn't have "reaction time" on them. Hell, we didn't even know what that was! PID 3.jpg

4. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Most of my printed timeslips the ink has faded away! The handwritten ones I can still read (those were when the printer jammed LOL. Oldest I have is 1982 from Famoso. I used to log everything back in the day. Some of my logbooks have some really funny (to me) notes in them. Hey, 12's were fast back then, right? ;) I remember telling everyone I had a 12 second car and when I made it to the track it went 14's! EGG ON THE FACE. Truth be told, it was a 4 speed on street radials and could not get off the line. Started leaving in 2nd gear to bog the motor.

5. mrdragster1970

I know 12's wasn't that great, but it was street legal, so for the 1980's it wasn't too bad.
    After I got divorced in '87 I think, is when I made big jumps.
    12.20 to 10.20
    10.20 to 9.30
    9.30 to 8.50 by the early 90's, which was pretty damn fast on a 10" tire back then.
    At some point the new W tire came out and all the rich guys went straight to the 7's and I wasn't fast anymore :(

Blown Camaro likes this.
  6. 71RSLS

71RSLS Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Prairie City, Ia
    The only time I've gotten hand written slips is when the track's timing equipment was having issues. o_O I'd love to get my Vette in the 9's but there just isn't enough time or moolah to go around. Haha

7. mrdragster1970

If I didn't hit on a successful business, I would still be driving that old 12 second street car
    and definitely not my 6 second monster.
    You spend what you can, and who cares if you aren't the fastest guy in the world!!!
    Family always comes before our toys.

71RSLS, PalmbchZ28 and Blown Camaro like this.
  8. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Yup. I think the most fun I ever had was with my high 10 second Duster. All steel car on motor and zero upkeep. I once let it sit for 2 years without starting it and it was sitting outside the whole time! Fresh battery and fuel and oil... took it to the track and it went a 1/10 quicker than it had ever went before. I still can't believe it. There was some sort of nest in the valley pan too.

71RSLS likes this.