I'm in a couple of Facebook Pro-touring groups overrun by parts suppliers

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1971CamaroGuy, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I’ve also bought parts from a cheaper seller. Had issues come up that should’ve been covered under warranty that the manufacturer wouldn’t honor because the seller I bought it from wasn’t an authorized seller.

1971CamaroGuy likes this.
  2. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

You can't ignore everyone unfortunately, website staff members are exempt but everyone else is fair game.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. 1971CamaroGuy

That's a good point, I actually didn't think of it like that. Because one of the folks on the group sells out of his house for sure. He doesn't have an actual facility. One of the reasons why I like sticking to sites like Jegs or Summit for parts most times.

4. 1971CamaroGuy

Thank you, I new I wasn't crazy lol

Every time I asked a question that remotely showed interest in a part....they would jump in and say if you need anything hit me up. Even DM one time too.

I bit on one instance, I was wanting to get pricing on Viking shocks for the rear of my car. I had one outfit message me that has a presence on eBay and a website ...quoted me $379 shipped for the pair.

I told this person I had already gotten a price from someone else and he wanted to know what I was quoted...after I told him he said he could do $375 to make the sale.

But over $4 I would rather deal with someone I have dealt with before and know they are an authorized seller.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I don’t fear EBay, buyers are protected very well by their policies. Sometimes the manufacturers themselves don’t stand behind their own stuff...hmmm Wilwood. Depending on what it is, I’ll look for the best price, even if it’s $4. For example I bought russell fittings off of eBay for $8 while everyone else was $12 plus shipping.

6. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

A $8 fitting is a lot different than (in my case) a set of $1400 Amp Research Power steps for my truck that they won’t honor warranty stuff on....but I did save $200 of which I made up for having to buy replacement parts that would’ve been covered under warranty.

dave@ztech likes this.