I'm done for awhile

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by bracketracer-78, Jul 16, 2015.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Maybe I'm mixing up the name?? Doesn't Bader already own a track??

2. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    Yep, same guy. He is going to run both tracks.

3. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That should be good news for racers. IIRC, they were a very racer friendly family.
    People always talked about being treated well, and I believe they were world famous for their ice cream at the track??

Blown Camaro likes this.
  4. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    Unfortunately no ice cream for a buck be he mentioned free ice cream on occasion. For pro and super pro the entry is now $40 and the purse is $1500 garenteed payout. Round money starts first round. It's only $5 for first round but it's $5. He is having a playground installed for the families. The Friday night test and tunes are now $15. He gave out his personal phone number at the beginning of the meeting and at the end he had 84 new text messages. He is expecting over 500 cars for each bracket race.

Blown Camaro likes this.
  5. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    For pro it was $55 to enter and $75 in super pro. The purse was pro rated against the car count. A few guys who won only came home with $600-$700. The Friday night test and tunes we're $25 to enter.

6. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    Welp, the first new part for this season arrived today. I'm giving back the Holley 750 that I borrowed last season and I got a brand new in the box quick fuel brawler 750 DP. I have had other projects going and I haven't even looked at the car except for the weekly turn it over a half turn.

7. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Southampton, Pa.
    Did MG ever build that playground? Last time a I raced at the grove was 2004. Now I have little kids and looking to get back into racing and want to make it a family thing. The playground would be beneficial.
    Rich

8. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    If he didn't install the playground , let me know, that's one of the main thing we do, we can get him a great price on the play equipment, and he can use wood chips for the play surface.

9. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    No playground yet. I only made it back to super chevy. Life got in the way and I had to make time to go that weekend. I was going to head back this past weekend but the rain kept me away. The car counts are up. The weekend before labor day they did have 420 cars show up for weekly bracket race.