I'm done for awhile

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by bracketracer-78, Jul 16, 2015.

1. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    4 passes on my new tranny and it is broke. The housing is busted again. This makes number 3. It broke on my best pass ever. It went 11.18 at 120 and it developed a vibration half way through the shutdown area. I'm talking face to face with S & W and ATI tomorrow at super chevy. If I don't get any answers it's parked indefinitely.

2. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Damn, for that ET, how in the heck did you do that???

Good luck getting some answers and hopefully some damages covered??

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Are you running solid motor mounts and urethane bushing for the trans mount ??

4. scrapmetal

scrapmetal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Cleburne,Texas
    That sux.Ive never had those kind of problems.I used all solid mounts.

5. mrnitrous

mrnitrous Veteran Member

May 12, 2008
    Anaheim Ca
    sorry to hear, something obviously off. raced my car for 15 yrs + stock clamshell motor mount and a good trans mount. never had a prob
    1.40 60ft 10.00 car...

6. badboyrcg70

badboyrcg70 Veteran Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Reading, Pa
    Something sounds mismatched? What are you using for mounts both engine and tranny?

If you need anything I am only 5 mind from track

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  7. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    Well I got some answers. I ran into my tranny builder. What we came up with is to add a ultrabell and ditch the factory original driveshaft. Yes, it does have solid motor mounts and a polyurethane tranny mount.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  8. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The bell is an excellent upgrade, I just hope they are not throwing your money at a quick fix????
    Was the D/S damaged??? of course a nice new, quality D/S is an excellent upgrade.
    Or again, they want to throw your money at their issues???

Good luck.

9. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    I had both my engine builder and my tranny builder in the discussion at the same time for about a hour. My engine builder actually installed the engine and the tranny as a unit himself. We discussed everything from motor mount alignment to balancing. The driveshaft is the only common denominator with all of the damage. So far I trashed 2 used transmissions that there were no problems when they were installed, 1 New tranny, and Two ring gears in a 12 bolt rear. The only thing that has not been changed is the driveshaft itself. I even have new u joints and a new slip yoke on the old driveshaft. It factory original to the car.

10. bracketracer-78

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    Also I am now in the market for a good case for a th350. My old one is beyond repair.