Ideas for cable box with wall mounted TV

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by XxWickedz28xX, May 9, 2010.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    They have to be anchored into the studs. 45lbs each weight capacity - I'm not even @ half of that.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1273527433&sr=8-1

Hence you'll notice mine aren't dead center because of where my studs were.
    Finding metal racks is key because many are glass. Also took the front feet off my Yamaha receiver you'll notice.

Well my 50" plasma is literally only 6" from the wall to the front of it.
    So these extend FAR past it, but that's why they are up high and out of the way at the END of my bedroom.

Here's an angled up close pic from today so you can see.
    I'm in the middle of repainting our room , hence the different colors. The Bachelor blue bedroom's final days.....:whine:
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    If you don't have any little kids, those are perfect ^ ^

I have a 2 year old, so I couldn't go that route. Plus glass collects dust like crazy.
    I wanted my AV equipment out of reach from my Toddler. No surprise crayons in my blu-ray player.

I got all kinds of cars stuffed into the subwoofer below the TV I have to get out before I play each movie. :crazy:

3. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Morris, Illinois
    lol, I always worry about that, but so far nothing in my sub with my toddler.

4. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Concord, CA
  5. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you have something you can put the box in below the TV still, do a single gang cut-in ring and drop the wires down the wall to another single gang cut-in ring. If it is an interior wall, it will drop easy.

If you have a closet on the other side, use 2 single gang rings on each side and put the box in the closet. This requires the box to have RF remote capability.

Do a shelf below the TV and drop the wires down the wall as described previously for A/C power.

Look at OmniMount, Chief, Sanus brands to name a few. Sanus is catching up with some pretty cool options for mounting A/V gear.

6. jdove

jdove Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 19, 2002
    Chattanooga,TN
    Meh, I don't even own a flat panel yet :confused: . Just a 32" CRT...

7. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?
    I actually went to watch a movie one time... PB&J in the DVD player..... so I figured I'd settle for watching an old VHS movie and there was another one in there too.

Not a pleasant day in the DiFilippo household, lol.

NOW... we keep all we can out of reach, but the kids are 4, 6 & 8... if they don't know by now that a friggin sammich doesn't go in the dvd / cd player / computer / VHS etc, I'm just going to give up.

8. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    Lol it gets better Jim... My boyz are 28 and 31 and not more food products in the electronic stuff..... Hopefully..... I do have a grand son now....lol

9. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?
    LMAO... I'm like the kitchen Nazi now... my blood pressure has become an accutely sensitive device that warns me when food or drink is about to go out of the kitchen and towards someplace that will cost me money. (Ever plop down on a sofa and have a juice box that was crammed into the cushions squirt you in the ass??? )

If you're going to Carlisle (and I make it there) I'll tell you all about the time the kids PAINTED A ROAD all over my virtually brand new basement carpet. I'm still surprised I haven't had a stroke yet.