I might have a cleaning obsession

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by sal70ss, Feb 6, 2018.

1. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    IMG_3123.JPG IMG_3124.JPG IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3127.JPG I admit, I'm a clean freak I guess. Has most of you know, I'm in the food business, and one thing that I'm apsolutelly adamant about to my employees is maintaining my restaurant super clean at all times. Since I'm the owner/ operator working alongside with mostly young high school teenagers, I'm constantly preaching, pushing, teaching simple but very efficient ways how to properly clean every surface in my store , whenever we aren't busy, and especially closing times. Anyways, I'm proud of my clean establishment, so I figured I post a couple of pictures of my pizza shop.

2. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    Here the master blodgett ovens John lol. IMG_2299.JPG

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Dave Nelson and Buickfunnycar like this.
  3. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Looks a hell of a lot nicer than the Little Ceasers I was in a few weeks ago. Man that place was skeevy. Not to mention it looked like the girl at the counter just finished another hit of crack.

And what the hell was that butter-color stuff in the squirt bottle they kept putting all over the pizza? Ick.

I'd stop in to your place any day. I think 1300 miles is a bit far for a pizza though...

sal70ss likes this.
  4. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    Now there's a place I would really love to get a pizza from!

sal70ss likes this.
  5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Certainly wish all would adhere to you policies Sal.

sal70ss likes this.
  6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I understand the 'clean obsession'. I never had a food violation at my shops. I painted everything high gloss white. Lots of stainless as well, like yours. I only had one prep table at either shop though. I do not like dough rollers so I had 'flour tables' with huge aluminum rolling pins. I did not like tossing dough because the flour dust would get into the cooling units mechanicals.
    Your shop is very nice and looks like the layout was well thought through.

sal70ss likes this.
  7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    My kitchen at home is not that clean. I hear about all the Restaurants around here on the news getting the dirty spoon award. It is nice to see something that clean. I go in the restrooms to check the cleanliness of a restaurant. If the place is a mess no soap and trash over flowing. I will walk out. But first I will say something to the manager or hostess. I always tell my kids to wash their hands before they eat. Even at a restaurant.

8. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    if your leaning, you should be cleaning! nice shop.

9. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

Definitely. Looks great!

10. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

A place for everything, and everything in it's place! Looks great Sal!

sal70ss likes this.