Hurricane cleanup and FEMA

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by PalmbchZ28, Oct 10, 2017.

1. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Since the hurricane came through and smacked Florida we have had piles of trees and other assorted debris lining every roadway in South Florida. Local government could not handle it so the feds stepped in.
    FEMA assigned independent contractors up to 6 per crew... one guy operates a small loader one guy sits in the truck and 4 people to evidently stand and watch.
    I thought that the 4 additional people were to clean up the small debris and rake up... LOL that was far from the truth....they were just watching in their cute FEMA shirts....I watched as they worked down the road... Pretty freaking sad that anyone could be proud of taking a pay check for standing around playing with their phone... Your tax dollars at work. :(

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    You should take video of these assclowns and post all over the internet. Send copies to the local media. Should be interesting to see the outcome.

Buickfunnycar and wiseryder like this.
  3. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Typical money grab...bastards!

4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Aug 1, 2012
    oak lawn, illinois

We call that Union work in Chicago

sal70ss and Buickfunnycar like this.
  5. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    See this crap everyday. We the people allow it, sad.

6. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Florida
    The guys who showed up in my neighborhood took 3 days to do what the regular bulk pick up guy can do in about an hour alone. Looked like the guy running the truck was on his first day at work, wasn't trained, and never ran one of the scoop trucks. There was another guy sitting in a vehicle monitoring "new guy" and giving him a piece of paper authorizing him to go unload the truck when it was full. I went and asked sitting guy what his job was because he was just sitting and he told me.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I think these people should (at least for a while) work like I do. It's called flat rate. Get paid on what you do. If I don't work, I don't get paid. Then they might get some idea of their worth.

bodymanbill likes this.
  8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    We have the trees chopped up laying there also. Our regular G-Men are so f-ing picky here. they won't pick it up unless it is perfectly cut to less than 48." They leave notes claiming to excessive. No one has been by to pick up anything except for regular household type and recycle, and forget about tires. People still put them out and they sit forever. They won't pick them up. I take them to the local dump. They let you drop 4 at a time.

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Are you really surprised .There are those who always exploit the suffering.

10. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Aug 1, 2012
    oak lawn, illinois
    Like I said, we call that Union work in Chicago.