How...?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Is that an assumption or do you stop and check on them?

2. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
  3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

I used to drive a truck. Yes, I do check if it looks like they haven't been there long. If it looks like they've been there a few days, I pass by. If the lights are on and exhaust is showing, they just went off.

4. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    I also used to drive drive truck .He probably fell asleep .And his boss and numerous others are not going to be happy .The driver will probably loose their job among others things as well.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I have seen The big truckers weaving all over from one side to the other. I followed one here in Jax passed my exit on I 295 trying to get their attention. This was broad Day light. I finally was able to get along side and laid on the horn. The guy looked down at me. I was motioning to pull over. I don't know what his deal was. He was not sleeping, unless you do it with your eyes open. He did not pull over. I just went to the next exit and turned around. Another time I was coming home from Texas on I-10 East. The truck was riding in the emergency lane and weaving in to the grass then back on the road. I did the same thing Laid on that horn. It was dark. He rolled his window down and waved to me and pulled over. He beeped the Horn as I passed and flashed his lights on and off.

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

We get a LOT of drivers in at the plant from foreign countries. Everybody used to complain about the Hispanic drivers but most of those drivers are pretty good guys. Some have REALLY thick accents and I have trouble understanding them but that's more my poor hearing. The eastern European drivers drive here like they do on the Russian crash videos you see on Youtube. Speed, cut in front of other drivers, drive the wrong way and so on. I've had them leave without picking up their bill of lading and cargo manifest then complain they didn't get their papers. I had one start cussing me out in Russian and unfortunately for him, I understood part of what he said and replied in Russian. After that, he calmed down and was very polite. I suspect the new E-log requirements will thin them out soon. I've stopped other drivers from going after them with tire irons.

7. Crazy4camaro

Crazy4camaro Veteran Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Greenville SC
    I want to see the video of the removal.

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    They probably had to remove the cargo then cut the top off the trailer to remove it.