How to LS Swap your second gen Camaro/Firebird - My first Youtube video!

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by CasperCasper, Jan 21, 2018.

1. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Hey everyone,

Since the demise of photobucket I haven't been online a whole lot because of how much info I lost with my build. I decided that a youtube style platform is problably going to be a lot more interesting to look at and helpful, so I've started my own youtube channel! I've called it Westcoast Wrenchin'. It will feature some of the projects I work on, as well as some of my friends projects.

My first video is a quick overview on how to LS swap a second gen. It is designed to give people the basic idea on how the swap is done. I wanted to keep this video really short and consise so you can get an idea if you want to do it in 5 minutes and not 5 hours! Of course, it is missing a lot of details, and if you have any questions feel free to ask away.

I have a few more videos in the making. The first one is a detailed how-to on building a microsquirt harness and getting your LS engine running using an MS! The other one is going to go through all the details on long crank 1999-2000 6.0's; they're a lot cheaper than 2001+ 6.0's, but there isn't a whole lot of information on using them in manual transmission swaps, something I will address. I'm also doing one on a cheap second gen rear disk brake swap.

I really appreciate any of your comments and feedback. Thanks for checking this out.

71RSLS, Zulu28, Z28-79 and 3 others like this.
  2. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Nice job Casper. Keep them coming.

CasperCasper likes this.
  3. 77Z28454

77Z28454 Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Ontario
    I logged in just to say that video is really well done. For your first video that's great. I watch a ton of YouTube videos and if that's how you are starting out I am looking forward to seeing your progression!

Edit, I agree 100% the video format like that is the best way. It's just most people can't pull it off.

CasperCasper likes this.
  4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Good job on the video. That last couple of pics at the end are calendar worthy. We going to see you actually wrenching?
    Tuff car too!!!!!!!!!!

CasperCasper likes this.
  5. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Nice work on the video....can't wait to see more.

CasperCasper likes this.
  6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Really enjoyed it, concise and to the point!!

CasperCasper likes this.
  7. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Thank you all for the support, I was really uncertain how you all would feel and I'm very happy about the response! This video was a bit tricky because the car is already done! Do any of you have suggestions for other videos that youd like to see?

Thanks again!

Yes for sure!

8. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That looked great. Can't wait to see your new videos as they come out!

CasperCasper likes this.
  9. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Good job Casper!

CasperCasper likes this.
  10. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Prairie City, Ia
    Very nice video and great work on your car! I do have 2 questions for you.

1. In the video you said people have used truck intakes in 2nd gens. Do you happen to have any pictures of this or any other links to threads? I am putting a 5.3 in mine and could save $400 or more if I can use my ugly truck intake for now.

2. You said you went with the megasquirt standalone since you have a manual. Can't you use the GM ecm and have it reprogrammed for a manual as well? I'm curious now because I am putting a super T10 in mine.

CasperCasper likes this.