How car gone is this car?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Protour-Camaro, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California

Hey...if you really feel that way, make an offer I cant refuse....Seriously

I know you want to make some money off of it, maybe we can make a deal we can both be happy with.

2. Schraders

Schraders New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    I do seriously feel that way, the car I'm selling is much, much nicer in terms of overall build quality than the white one I posted a link to.

You have already told me what you think the car is worth, somewhere between $12,500 and $16,900. I would never pay anywhere near that money for any 1970 Camaro, it's just not my thing. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to leave money on the table I work way, way too hard to do that. I'm certain you do too.

The car has only been up on Ebay for less than three days, and we all know the real action starts when the auction ends. Lets see where things flesh out and at least I know where you stand.

In the meantime thanks for all your comments, this is a very fun conversation! (Hope I don't get banned after only 16 posts for saying I'm not a huge fan of 1970 Camaros...!)

3. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    Nah, If you were going to get banned it would have been from your comment in post #26

4. Protour-Camaro

Feb 16, 2012
    California

lol...My wife says the same thing...Vega, come on.

5. Schraders

Schraders New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
  6. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    This thread reminds me of the "Legit Split bumper FS Thread" from a few weeks ago where a members price on his car was questioned?

Guy sets his price, and car gets picked apart by members, I am ashamed to admit I had some part in that one and felt bad about that...but is this thread any different?

Because the seller is technically a member now.........

7. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Central Coast, CA

Isn't this exactly what I was talking about? Bunch of guys picking apart a car, then the owner steps in. The interwebs is NOT that BIG.
    Fortunately, this guy seems to be a gentleman, and responding in kind.

I'm also glad that someone like Gary S was able to come in early and spell out actual interior options before self-supposed experts could spread BS.

And no, this thread is not entirely different, except that the members are actually being a lot kinder, and not erroneously torching the guy for being a liar based on misconceptions.

Either way, this is the bullying behavior that I don't have hope for in this site. (Any site these days.)

8. Protour-Camaro

Feb 16, 2012
    California

The seller did not post the auction, I did as a serious buyer. I wanted to know for MY SA what about it looks right/wrong and if the price was justified. The coversation just went another direction in some areas because the seller posted. I honestly feel this is completely different than the FS section.

9. Protour-Camaro

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    Car didn't sell....Schraders please PM me.

10. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    SF

You're kidding me no way..... :eek:

Most of us knew that car wasn't going to sell at that price.