How car gone is this car?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Protour-Camaro, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California
  2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Intersting car.
    Like the dogdish caps and the low stance. The silver paint and subtle graphics with the cowl induction hood look nice to.
    Overall its a nice driver but you need to see the trim tag and more details to verify true status.
    If you are trying to find a restored original RS / SS then it would not be something I would be driving alot. This car could be original but has enough modifications and deviations to personalize it but also makes it a fun driver.

The price seems high considering the appearance in the photos in my opinion but if all the work were complete, then it could be a value.

3. stevenp3762

stevenp3762 BANNED

Feb 7, 2013
    bradenton fl.
    IMHO...for that money the paint should be better than 7.5 out if 10......

4. Bamaro

Bamaro Veteran Member

Dec 24, 2004
    Jacksonville, Md
    Seats aren't 70.

5. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois

Kind of what I was thinking. There are a lot nicer cars out there for that kind of cash

6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    If you buy, do a lot of homework and make sure it is an SS. Without original engine or some paperwork, it might be difficult to verify if it is a Van Nuys car.
    The price seems a bit steep for a car without original engine. The original engine counts for a lot on a SS.

7. Protour-Camaro

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    There were a few things that concerned me. I don't know how big of a deal it really is, but the wood grain? If the grain is on the wheel, shouldn't it be on the dash bezels and door inserts?

The cowl hood and the change of the body and interior color. Something looks fishy with the most rear body mount. Is that just a bolt?

I was just iffy because I would think if it really was a 60,xxx mile car, why has so much been replaced?

8. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    assuming it is a Van Nuys car, the build sheet should be on top of the gas tank ... unless that was removed during the "restoration"

9. Protour-Camaro

Feb 16, 2012
    California

What do you do if all that is missing? How do you verify authenticity? If I have a buddy go look at it, what does he look for?

He does have "best offer", what would a good price for it based on what we can see and know?

10. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Intersting car.
    Like the dogdish caps and the low stance. The silver paint and subtle graphics with the cowl induction hood look nice to.
    Overall its a nice driver but you need to see the trim tag and more details to verify true status.
    If you are trying to find a restored original RS / SS then it would not be something I would be driving alot. This car could be original but has enough modifications and deviations to personalize it but also makes it a fun driver.

The price seems high considering the appearance in the photos in my opinion but if all the work were complete, then it could be a value.