Hot rodding my new trailer

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by woody80z28, Dec 15, 2018.

1. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice trailer, a buddy of mine has a very similar open center trailer that I used quite a bit before I got mine. The only mishap we had with it was a fourwheeler falling down thru the center area one time, luckily a cross member caught it from touching pavement but getting an 800 lb bike back up out of there sure was fun...

2. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Of course, the maiden loaded voyage wasn't even my car... My father sold his old house and had to get his Firebird out of there before closing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1980RS likes this.
  3. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I also welded a receiver to my tongue for a winch that I keep out of the weather. It's a good place to store an extra drop hitch for different trucks, tractors, etc.

4. woody80z28

Been a little stir crazy with nothing much I can do in the garage. So I Raptor Lined the deck cause it's super slippery when wet. I've used the spray Raptor on my truck and Camaro before, but this is a new roll-on kit that even came with some traction sand. Even easier than the spray kit!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did also fab a front hitch for the truck. Made it custom so I could place the winch mount exactly where I wanted it. I read that it makes maneuvering a trailer in a tight spot easier and oh man it's sweet. I only played with it a little bit, but it's pretty awesome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1980RS likes this.
  5. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Woody love the trailer and work on the hiwench! And the Rapter liner too.

About the Raptor liner roll on do you think that would be a good option to do inner wheel wells with instead of the spray kit as my car is already painted?

6. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Report back on how the raptor stuff holds up. I need to coat the deck on my 20' steel deck trailer as its starting to get a little surface rust and is slicker than snot when wet. Just not sure how it would like my tractor bucket and implements getting set on it.

Also backing trailers with the front end is awesome isn't it? I have a hole thru the bucket on my tractor to use it to put mine back in the shed 90% of the time and it is so much easier when you can see exactly where everything is at.

7. woody80z28

The roll on worked really nice for the flat trailer surfaces. For round wheel wells I'm not sure it would be as good. Either way you'll want a better roller than the one they provide. I think the liner attacks the roll and it starts falling apart. I only used 1/2 the kit but had to use both rollers to get the job done.

Raptor is 2k so I trust the strength of it more than say Herculiner, but dragging heavy metal objects is gonna beat it up I'm sure. I don't plan on hauling any derby cars. Haha

8. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I have to work on my trailer this year, new paint and use some of that bed liner roll on stuff. I want to make some new ramps as mine are the typical angle iron ones.

9. vegas1974z28

vegas1974z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is some nice work!