Hope to meet members while in NY Sept 16-17th, Hemmings show

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by 70 SS/L78, Sep 4, 2017.

1. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Thinking this forum would get the most views for this post?.. I hope to possibly meet a few members that I haven't met before on my trip to Lake George Sept. 15-17th, while I'm in the area. I will be participating with my L78 in the Hemmings Motor News Concours d'Elegance car show on Sept. 17th. There is also another show on the 16th with different cars. I'll be there on Friday the 15th to relax. It's 2500 miles round trip for me.
    Hemmings has a feature on the Camaro this year to celebrate the 50th Anniversary. Also, since my car was sold new in Albany, NY (1 hour away) it will be like a homecoming, the 1st time in 47 years?? I plan to stop by the dealership (same location but different name). Not sure what I'll do when I get there? Maybe unload the car and snap a couple of pictures?

Phil Borris will also be attending the event as will a couple of other members. FYI... Phil is the member who wrote the book 'Echos of Norwood' (a book on the history of the Norwood assembly plant including the Camaro).

2. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Scott, I would think Frank Arone will attend this prestigious event.

You should write owner of dealership where youre car was sold new.
    I would be looking for sponsorship $$$ at Hemmings Show to promote
    that dealer ????

WE all look forward to seeing pics and magazine articles in Hemmings
    Muscle Machines FEATURING your 70 L-78 Camaro......One of the finest
    1970 Camaros ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

3. 70 SS/L78

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Chuck, yeah Frank might be there too? I have no idea what other Camaro's will be participating. I was trying to find out.. Even though it's the 50th Anniversary of the Camaro I don't expect to see very many, maybe a handful.
    Concours type shows don't allow any signs! Only the ones they provide, which usually are very nice btw.
    I'm not trying to promote anything, just would like to say Hi to some members if possible

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Beautiful area, Lake George. My sister lives upstate and I have traveled through there many times.
    If you are pulling a trailer you will probably go up the North Way (87) but going up SR 8 through Speculator is more scenic. Pretty twisty but it has been recently repaved and is nice. Pretty country especially in a month or so when the leaves change. Not so much in two months when the snow flies.

5. 70 SS/L78

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check that option out