Hooker LS swap mounts

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 20781LS, Oct 26, 2017.

1. 20781LS

20781LS New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hello everybody, new guy here from Maine. Just picked up a barn find 81 , I then bought a low mile 00 LS1. Going to make it happen one way or another. I'm going to use the hooker #2296HKR headers that are supposed fit like a glove. In thier product description it says that they are designed specifically for thier engine brackets only, Wich use the original sbc clam shell mount . My question is ,has anyone used these headers and the LSX innovations engine brackets? Or any other engine brackets for that matter. Alot of other companies have brackets that bolt to the clam shell mounts. Any help would be appreciated. I like these style mounts cause the engine sits low in the k member.

2. AlexSpinn

AlexSpinn New Member

Jan 31, 2017
    This may not affect you.
    However, i bought the hooker mid length headers for my 71(Hooker Headers 2472-1)(they didnt offer full length for my year..) I used speedways motor mounts (GM LS Series Engine Motor Mount Adapter Kit for 1970-71 Camaro) and the headers hit the mount, I'm gonna have to tap in the tube slightly where it hits my mount.

Side note, wasn't completely satisfied with the quality of the headers. There are atleast 2 1"x2" tools marks on the tubes close to where they hit the manifolds.

3. 20781LS

20781LS New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to try thier long tubes.

4. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 New Member

Aug 8, 2014
    West of Chicago IL
    Hello
    I'm using the Hooker mounts and Headman Hedders, no issues, they both fit perfectly..
    Mine are mid length..
    I did a bit of research on header design, flow etc and what worked best for street and mild track use.. That drove me to the mid length..
    Just my .02..
    Luck