There are a couple of threads out there talking about this mini project I've been working on. I decided to start a new one without all the extra stuff. There are 3 or 4 companies that I'm aware of that make "conversion" cross members for this application. I am most familiar with the two I purchased and tried to use, Bowler and American PowerTrain. I was not happy with either design. To their credit, they tried to design to the DSE sub frame mounting holes, which is not ideal. Looks like DSE tried to put the mounting holes in the stock position. By doing so, the holes are several inches forward of where the actual cross member mounts to the T56. This creates a 'cantilevered' effect where the weight of the tranny/engine is not centered inline with the mount creating a moment arm - not the ideal situation for supporting a mass. Again, Bowler (which by the way was extremely supportive of this and refunded my entire purchase) and AP had to work with what they had and had to satisfy the needs of most people who would not want to do any welding on the sub frame. So, will their designs work? Sure they will, but there exists unnecessary stresses that I would not trust under severe conditions - just my two pesos... So I designed my own. I used 1x3" rectangular steel tubing. This design not only centers the weight of the transmission directly under the mount and exactly inline with the cross member, but as a side benefit will also increase the lateral stiffness of the sub frame. As mentioned earlier, the downside is I had to weld 90 degree brackets to the DSE sub frame (messing up their beautiful artwork). Rather than explain the process, I have included some pictures that should detail what I did. I have drawings of the design along with a cad model if anyone is interested in copying it.