Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by hillbilly75, Dec 29, 2013.
When I saw this pic, it made me think..."Holy cow, the car got scalped!"
Coadster: Thanks man, nah not a trailer queen(unless it breaks then it goes on the trailer of shame) but I told the wifey I'm doing this once.... Then I'm beating on it.
Da-Bigguy: Thanks! I thought the same, that and whelp if I screw up now it's worthless! once that skin fit the way I hoped I finally took a breath.
I started burning in the roof skin and I'm happy with the way it's turning out. I test fit the window trim to double check fitment and everything was a go. Not really a lot of pic worthy stuff but here are some anyway. I just have to finish both seams and the spot welds around the windows. I have a couple of days off coming up and hope to knock it out then.
I have a little more build up on my welds than I like but I was afraid of burning through on the seams. Here are a couple more shots.
good job dude, those seams should clean up nicely
Thanks Aaron, I think I spent more time playing with the settings on the welder than actual welding because of where on the roof this weld is located. I just want to have as little filler there as possible.
I hear that. Just take your time grinding down the welds, as that can warp the metal too. I am sure it will come out great.
I got the seams & spot welds for the front windshield ground down. While I was at it I worked the pinch seam back into place above the window openings. I'm pretty pleased on how this is turning out so far. Next on the list are the spot welds for the rear window and making plates to weld in where the lead was.
I carved out some time over the last week and got the filler pieces welded in for the roof.
I finished grinding the welds on one side, tomorrow hopefully I'l be able to do the other .
I've been also working on removing the cowl that is in need of being replaced. I finished that up today. Looks like I've got some clean up and patch work to do in the corners.