Hillbilly's Rented Mule

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by hillbilly75, Dec 29, 2013.

1. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
  2. hillbilly75

hillbilly75 Veteran Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    Got the steering shaft and motor mounts redone, along with installing my brake lines.
    [​IMG]

Got the core support sanded and painted and installed. Put in the aluminum radiator and started to experiment with putting in a power steering cooler figuring it is easier to play around and route it before any panels go on.
    [​IMG]

The fit of the radiator is spot on, the one that was in the car did not leak but I thought it wasn't a bad idea to replace it now.
    [​IMG]

3. hillbilly75

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    Thanks guys, it sucks being stuck in this hotel and not being able to work on it at all right now. But finally going through the pictures I do have is giving me even more drive to get this thing done once we are moved in. Funny thing is I did not know just how many parts I had collected over the last couple of years for this build until I had to box everything up to put it in storage. Its amazing just how many parts you can cram into a 2 car garage with a loft, and a basement, and an attic, and the car! :confused:

4. gary bickel

gary bickel Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    Hillbilly

View attachment 15908

Your build is looking good. Here is ours after all work.



Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  5. hillbilly75

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    Gary for some reason only on of your pics is coming up.

6. hillbilly75

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    I decided to get started on the C5 Brake conversion
    [​IMG]

And after the spindle was modified, and the bracket all bolted up, along with the hub installed. I changed out the wheel studs for longer ones but I can not find the pic with them in.
    [​IMG]

7. hillbilly75

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    I couldn't resist bolting up the caliper and rotor to see how it looked all together. Unfortunately I have to take them both off after so I could put rims back on the subframe to roll it around.
    [​IMG]

I put the braces on when I installed the subframe, this picture is shortly before it was put into storage. Hopefully this coming week it will be taken out of storage and to its new home.
    [​IMG]

8. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    Great work!

9. hillbilly75

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    Thanks ZS10! I have been really busy getting everything moved into our new home. The last thing to get moved will be the car now all I have to do is organize everything. It looks like a moving truck exploded in our house and garage right now. I'm trying to get an idea of how I want to setup the garage because it is pretty much a blank slate.

10. Philly

Philly Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2009