Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by hillbilly75, Dec 29, 2013.
that's a lot of great work, nice job!
Nice work!! I wish I had welding skills. I guess the first step would be to buy a welder!
Yeah man go get one..... I love having one, it is honestly one of the most used tools I own.
Hey, hillbilly. Your car is coming together nicely. Makes me want to get back to work on mine.
DO IT!! Hahaha
I started taking the tail panel apart, I knew that the outer panel was not reproduced so I was extra careful in removing it.
Unfortunately I found the dreaded mud worms had taken up residence on the panel at some point.
This is what I found lurking underneath, the old drill bit and screw technique.
I cut out the offending piece, I always keep scrap pieces of stuff laying around so I found a lower gender patch has roughly the same contour as this piece so on it went.
Here it is fully tacked into place.
And here it is after some hammer and dolly work and some grinding. The rest of the panel was stripped and other than some minor dings it's now a solid piece except for the mounting flanges.
Here are the mounting flanges I was talking about. These are the lower mounting flanges, they were paper thin so I made new ones up.
I found the jack foot stuck in between the trunk drop off and the quarter on the passenger side. I never noticed it being there before.
I got the tailpanel off and the area cleaned up, I have some welding to do before I can install the inner tailpanel.
Here is the inner panel mocked up, its going to take some persuasion but I think the fit in the end will be nice.
Looking good. Its coming along well. I have a few places to get patched on my 75. Need to update my progress thread also. Been a long while.