High perf and Export\ Non-export...

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by ISRcamaro, Dec 13, 2016.

1. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    I ordered motor mounts and wheel cylinder to my 80' Z28 and it doesn't fit.
    The dealer costumer service told me that the motor mounts I ordered are for camaro with High-Pref and the wheel cylinders are for export camaros.
    what are the difference with the exports and what high pref mean?
    I know that my Camaro sold in the states and I thought that the Z28 is the high pref for 1980. Am I wrong or it just that the last owner swapped to a different engine then the stock 80 Z28 and changed the wheel cylinders?

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Not the dreaded "Performance Mounts"! :eek:
    I (and at least a dozen other members) have been through that nightmare.

I don't know why places sell these things for our cars.
    THEY DO NOT FIT! :mad:

See the last post in the engine stickies thread. --> http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/threa...-qjets-etc-look-here-before-searching.162426/

Tip: If you pull the bolts up through the frame (thin wire wrapped in the threads) and put the nuts and lock washers on top... It's much easier to swap the correct mounts to the frame.

3. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Damn it!
    I'm going to send a very mad email right to them. Hope they will fix the situation.

I knew there's something wrong with them the minute I saw it that's why I posted here. But I asked caused I wanted to know, is there even such a thing "high perf" Camaro? Never heard of it besides at their website.

Do you mean changing the sides? instead getting the bolts from up getting them in from downside?