Hey Ground Up, some customer feedback....

Discussion in 'Ground Up' started by restore-z28, Apr 14, 2017.

1. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Having never used Ground Up before thought this would be an opportunity to give them a try. I have ordered from other Vendors for years but I keep seeing advertising from Ground Up and thought why not try them out...will keep to the facts here as my intent is not a bash this Vendor but provide some feedback from a customer or ex-customer perspective.

I called Ground Up yesterday and placed an order, was told everything was in stock and thought the transaction went well. Today I get an email confirming my order has been shipped, so far I am impressed with the quick turn around. Then I look at the invoice and notice an item is now showing on back order so I call to find out what is going on. The sales rep tells me they shipped half the order. I asked why I was told it was in stock? But after they noticed it was not why did nobody call/email me to at least let me know so I can make a decision on moving forward with this order. She apologized for the oversight and said they should have called. She then puts me on hold for 10 minutes and basically passed me back to the lady that took the order yesterday (way to pass the buck lady...), I am now told them same thing...sorry and we should have called. I explained if I was told they did not have the part I would not have moved forward with this order as other Vendors have all this stuff in stock at similar prices. We go back and forth and she speaks to a Manager and agree they would contact UPS and get the order turned around. I then ask for a refund to my credit card as this is now their problem as I do not have possession of the parts anyhow. Basically told it's my problem until they can get UPS to turn this around and get the parts back in the building. I proceeded to tell the Rep I have little faith they will be able to accomplish this as so far they have only shown is a lack of communication. When I asked if they don't get this turned around then next steps...dead air as she had no response.

From a first time customer perspective...communication to your customer is important, something simple as a $24 part has now soured my experience. I have little faith things will get resolved on Monday, hope I am wrong and you folks can show you actually care enough to help a customer :mad:

2. restore-z28

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Thought I would close the loop on this for members looking at Ground Up for parts, I received confirmation today they have refunded my Credit Card in full for these charges. I am satisfied with the outcome and how they were able to help out, hope my feedback here provided them with some insight into how a potential new client felt during this transaction and perhaps the next member to order will have better communication when parts are on back order.

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Sure hope this wasn't a case where one part had to work with the other part, getting half the order could really ruin your day. A refund might only aggravate the situation.

4. Ground Up

Ground Up Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    Oh we most certainly appreciate the feedback. Sorry for the confusion. Someone should have told the sales rep to call you back. There is no excuse I realize.

5. restore-z28

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    That was not the case, two unrelated parts and did not tie into one another.

6. restore-z28

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Appreciate your team stepping up to resolve this quickly. I have not closed the door fully on using Ground Up again, will see down the road.

7. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT
    I've had good luck with Ground Up in the past. After the mistake had been made, all they can really do is own up to it, and help you out the best they can. Nobody is perfect. Glad it ended on a good note.

8. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Agreed. Sent wrong rotors and they replaced em - along with a T Shirt. :cool: No biggy.

9. Ground Up

Ground Up Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    See all it takes is a T-shirt. Seriously though. We do try and do right by every customer.

Chevrolaine likes this.
  10. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT
    Funny...a few weeks ago at their Expo...I got a free shirt as well. The parts I got from the counter fit my 79 Camaro like a glove.

Ground Up likes this.