HERES A GOOD ONE !

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by Lou6t4gto, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Lou6t4gto

Lou6t4gto Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Ocala, Fla
    I think I Mis said How Much it is Off. it is not off 3/4", it is off 1 1/2" ! I need to move it 3/4" to the drivers side-> "Just to get to "the middle" !

2. Lou6t4gto

Lou6t4gto Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Ocala, Fla
    stock 350 drive shaft

3. Lou6t4gto

Lou6t4gto Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Ocala, Fla
    Just keeps getting better ! Got it all in, forward gears are fine, *NO REVERSE AT ALL !* full of fluid, shifter is working fine, just BOTH Neutral and Reverse are both "NEUTRAL". Did not actually Drive the car yet, didn't want to screw anything up. ( detent not hooked up yet, but I pulled on it and it is working. ) Another very strange Thing happened when I was filling it. Pouring fluid into the funnel and the funnel would fill up, slowly go down and Then it Gurgles" and kicks fluid back up ! and the fluid was going in Very slowly like the tube was filling up and only a little at a time was going down. (Almost acting like a plugged "breather" in top of the case) (I must have installed at least 20 Trans, and never had anything like that happen.) But back to "Main Problem", WHY NO REVERSE ??? thanks for your help

4. Lou6t4gto

Lou6t4gto Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Ocala, Fla
    a big thank you to everyone for pointing me to the snap ring that holds the reverse pressure valve !