Here we go again...73 Z28

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by brooksman9, May 3, 2014.

1. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Have only done the parcel tray in my 77 so far, but will see if I can find some from when I did my 51 chev.

The PVC foamboard was bit of a game changer in that it's soooo easy to work with. From memory it was actually cheaper than hardboard too.

It's often referred to by different trade names such as sunboard, palight, sintra, foamex etc and most plastics places will have it. Signwriters also use it a lot.

2. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Yes Virginia you can make your own headliner. Not finished yet but I used a template I got from Aaron (76_TypeLT, thanks Aaron) to make a cardboard cut out that I will cover and use for my headliner. It may not be perfect but it will look ok and will try and match my home made door panels.

[​IMG]

branbell likes this.
  3. brooksman9

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Rebuilt my first carburetor (kind of). An old Holley 600 that was on my sons Chevelle at one time. It started leaking out the back and I just had to get him something new to go on it then. Got the renew kit. Did gaskets and the things for the floats. Really thats about it. Old Weber/Edelbrock that came on the motor bogged every time I'd punch it. Still need to do some tuning but it runs and doesn't leak.

[​IMG]

4. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Holley's are the easiest to rebuild. Sometimes they can be a bear to get tuned but once you do they are great.

5. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    older holley's has a power valve that love to go bad ..as far as setting turn you air fuel screws all the way in and back off 2 and a half turns is a great starting point .

6. brooksman9

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Started at one and a half. At two and a quarter now and response is pretty good. Need to see what my timing is at then I'll set for highest vacuum. Was hoping to get rid of the spacer but looks like it is not going to go. After doing what I did on the carb it seemed really simple. Not as much to it as I thought.

Twisted72 likes this.
  7. brooksman9

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    My "didn't cost me a dime" temporary headliner. Replaced the wiring harness to the dome light and new light even works. I was shocked. Not literally. :crazy:

[​IMG]

Twisted72 likes this.
  8. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    which material is made of (your temporary headliner)?

9. brooksman9

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    A large piece of cardboard (I was going to use the one the rear quarters came in but it was too thick), Leftover speaker box felt from JoAnn's fabrics that I have had for years and some Loctight spray adhesive. I planned this long ago and bought a template from Aaron a few years ago as my car had no headline when I got it. .

10. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Looks good Pat

brooksman9 likes this.