Herb Adams front spring eye brackets

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by roadrace2, Dec 18, 2017.

1. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
  2. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Canada
    I thought you could get the OEM style through AMD or OER for around 80$ A pair.

Although you would have to redrill the holes 3/4" higher, reinforce with washers, allot less than 228$.

3. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Delray Beach Florida
    For my own car I added a plate to each side, a cross plate inside, drilled the new holes 3/4" higher and windowed them for front spring eye with spherical bushing. Time consuming but came out good. I've had requests to modify them for others or fabricate new stronger ones with the relocated hole but figured the UMI ones were on the way and would be out by now. Maybe Ramey will chime in as to whether they're going into production and if so a price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

71RSLS likes this.
  4. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
    Thanks - these brackets were supposed to be the modified ones already - still waiting on UMI to have their brackets available - would like to see their price too. Great mods on those brackets Not a TA!

5. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    I have some that look just like the ones in the first post but I think they are for a 1st gen. They are built very well

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I don't think they do this on first gens, I got the impression it won't all fit

7. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Delray Beach Florida
    1st and 2nd gen are not interchangeable. In pic below red are 2nd and black are 1st.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    1st gen on top, 2nt on bottom

Attached Files:

9. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    1st on right 2nt gen on left. Other pic is both 1st gen mounts.

The mounts I got with leaf springs and shocks that came of a road race 2nt gen TA and he told me the mounts are for a 1st gen and he made them fit his car.

Attached Files:

10. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I think he had to make room on a first gen. not like 2nd gens