Help with Vapor lock

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by dph42, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dph42

dph42 New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Update! As stated above I have narrowed my problem down to the last section of metal fuel line to the pump due to the headers heating them. A racer friend of mine told me to wrap the line with insulating tape from Lowe's. he stated it is the exact stuff you can get in the automotive section on Amazon but it's $5 instead of $25+. Here's the problem, I have spent all day trying to get the line off of the car to do it correctly and it ain't happening due to all the twists and turns both in the car and the line. There is no way to wrap on the car for the same reasons. Anyone have any other suggestions? I read somewhere in this forum where a guy had run a new line on the outside of the frame and under his upper control arm. If that gentleman reads this please contact me I would like to see how that worked out. Once again any suggestions greatly appreciated.
  2. Jeep43

Jeep43 Veteran Member

Mar 30, 1999
    How about building a simple shield out of sheet aluminum? Or how about slitting rubber hose that has an ID the same as the metal line OD and slipping it over? Perhaps both?