help on window flush fit ?

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Twisted72, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    has or does any one know bout doing away with the window molding front and rear to make the window fit flush ?

2. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    I think year one was selling a flush mount kit. It was debuted on the smokey and the bandit tribute car they did a few years ago. It looked cool, but pricey if i remember correctly.

3. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    When i did mine I extended the the 1/4s and filler panel closer to the glass and raised up the pinch weld that the glass sits on. It was some serious work but im not using a moulding around the edge so it has to be perfect. If u use a rubber moulding around it it would be easier. Sorry i don't have any pics of the prossess just of it done[​IMG]

4. bodymanbill

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    The front is easier cause u can slide the glass up to the roof and just extend the a pillars in[​IMG]

5. arick793

arick793 Veteran Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Rochester, NY
  6. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

That's awesome, great work and the correct way to do it if you have the skills!

7. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    bodymanbill you can come here and help when I get to that part of the build (lol) dude that looks awesome great work ..just what I want (not trying to copy) I just don't want the rot again that the molding causes

8. bodymanbill

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Thanks guys. That was a ton of work to do that and im pretty happy with how it looks. Twisted to bad ur not a little closer, unless u want to throw that thing on a trailer and drag it to Pa.

9. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    when the time gets close to do that I just might bill

10. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    yes thank you .since I am not as good as bill yet , just might have to go that route