Help me find dad's 74 z28

Discussion in 'Georgia 2nd Gen'rs' started by nolane68, Nov 30, 2011.

1. nolane68

nolane68 New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Aiken SC
    Hello everyone I'm looking for my dad's old 74 z28. My dad bought it new fresh out of high school and kept it until 1993 when he had to sell due to divorce. I wasn't born until 1979 but time spent with my dad working on and racing this car was the highlight of my childhood. I always dreamed of it being mine one day and him selling it when I was almost 14 years old was hard... so close to driving. I would love to get this car back and have searched for it over the year's at least knowing what happened to it would be great. Anyway last know whereabouts of the car was in Augusta GA and was sold to someone from south Georgia around 97 or98 here's what I know of it to identify her.

1974 Z28 type LT
    Had stock wheels back on painted black
    White with three black stripes and z28 on Hood
    Had a four point roll bar in it
    Patch work on where drive shaft broke behind driver seat
    Had a 406sbc but was told replaced with 350
    400 Turbo transmission
    Hood was cut a Lil on suport
    Interior was all black had a quick silver shifter
    Rear inner fenders rolled for bigger tires
    Very clean car

If anyone knows about ANY info on this car please email me griceformula@yahoo.com I would love to know where its at ... a long shot I know thanks for reading

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. nolane68

nolane68 New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Aiken SC
    $500 Reward if anyone finds her

3. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    You MUST find the VIN somewhere. Look through all the paperwork if you can!! old bills etc.

Do you have old license plate numbers? anything?? Pictures?

I'll do what I can and you can keep the reward. If the car ended up in Texas, I'll find it.

4. ss/rs/z28

ss/rs/z28 Veteran Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Pretty neat effort, good luck with the search. Has anyone seen the new Chevy commercials where the family gives back dad's 65 big block Impala? I almost had an Ol Yeller moment!

5. nolane68

nolane68 New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Aiken SC
    cant find the vin looked everywhere all i have is South Carolina tag number
    ESJ 760 expired on 5-86 I'll try to get pics up soon thanks for offering your help

6. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    Don't want to rain on your parade ,we need to be realistic here , thats alot of water under the bridge since you saw it last , take into account It may very well be, wrecked, crushed by now or parted out , or even sitting in a junk yard or on blocks behind somebodies house/business as a parts car. Without out a VIN its going be a lottery long shot at best. Well, unless you own s billion dollar pizza business and can put a million into running it down. ;)

Ok ...heres a link to a car that sorta reminds me of your description...maybe you can find the owner and buy it and restore it to your childhood memory. Maybe you can "BUILD" one back in its image.

Good luck !

http://www.junkyardlife.com/2011/03/cars-in-yards-1974-chevy-camaro-last.html

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. nolane68

nolane68 New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Aiken SC
    I completely understand the timeline since I've seen this car and I know I can build a clone but you can't win the lottery if you don't play and I don't have a chance of finding it if I don't look. My dad didn't throw a ball or fish with me we worked on the Z so I'm not hunting a good clone at this time I just want to know what happened to it. Thanks for pointing out the obvious but I'm taking a shot at finding a car I feel like is a family member I've lost. I know it's a long shot but it's been on my mind a lot lately. I want to find this car any help would be appreciated greatly

8. nolane68

nolane68 New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Aiken SC
    Hey Z28pilot that Hood looks familiar white with the 3 black z stripes ... do u have it? :bowtie: :p

9. tmv36830

tmv36830 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Auburn, Alabama
    Good Luck. I have entertained the thought of trying to track down my wifes first car (81 Camaro).

10. nolane68

nolane68 New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Aiken SC
    Looked just like Z28pilots car last time I seen it except rims painted black that's almost exactly what it looked like hopefully someone has taken care of it like that