Help, engine bay photos needed.

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by 70-SS/RS-L78, Dec 3, 2017.

1. 70-SS/RS-L78

70-SS/RS-L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Phila area
    Due to a hard drive crash a few years back I lost all of my photos. I need some underhood pictures of "Original-Unrestored" Norwood built 1970-73 Camaros. I need some pictures of the inner fender area behind the headlight and the rad support in front of the wheelhouse, Both sides if possible. I also need some of the inner fenders wheelhouse and firewall area. I am curious about the different color blacks and Matt finish on the Firewall, Wheelhouse, Rad Support, Heater Core. I also need some pictures of the paint/overspray on the inner fenders and underhood. I have some pictures of Clill's 1100 mile LA built Z28 now I would like to see some pictures of a Norwood built car. We all know they did things a little differently at that plant. Thanks...
    Mark

2. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    The 74 Z28 is a Norwood car as all 74 were Norwood built.

3. 70-SS/RS-L78

Mar 19, 2003
    Phila area
    Underhood pictures of a 74 will work as long as the car is original and unrestored. Shortly after he brought the car the original owner of my car had it repainted and had a 3 piece spoiler molded on. They also changed the color to a Cadillac Firemist Gold and they painted all of the jambs and inner fenders when they did the car so I can't use it as a reference. Thanks..
    Mark

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  4. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Ashburn, Va USA
    Not sure if any of these help, but it's what I've got from Jack Seymour's 22K mile Norwood survivor.
    Blower Motor 1.PNG
    Blower Motor 2.PNG
    Core Support 2.PNG
    Core Support Bolt.PNG
    Core Support.PNG
    Cowl 1.PNG
    Engine Bay 1.PNG
    Engine Bay 2.PNG
    Engine Bay 3.PNG
    Firewall 1.PNG

5. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Ashburn, Va USA
  6. 70-SS/RS-L78

Mar 19, 2003
    Phila area
    Thanks Bud these pictures are a BIG help, Jack took some great pictures when he was detailing that car. I still need to find out how the inside of the RGT Front fender between the rad support and wheelhouse looks like. I think it's supposed to be black with a light coating of overspray. As far as the color on the inner fenders above the wheelhouse I have seen them completely covered with color and some with almost no color at all. I am switching to SPI Single Stage Black so as soon as I come up with the correct Color and Matt formula's I want to do the black on the Wheelhouses and Rad Support. Thanks Again.....
    Mark