Heater fuse has no power source - help

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by 71RS6SPD, Nov 29, 2017.

1. 71RS6SPD

71RS6SPD Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2016
    My car is finally running but its cold out. No Blower. So I connected a jumper from the blower motor spade to the batt.. no spin like a short. I replaced the blower (that was <fun) even though the original worked once I spun it a little. I checked the blower speed switch connector with a test light and there is no power going to it at all. I know that's wrong. I checked the heater fuse and there is no power on either end of the fuse with the ignition on. I ran a jumper from the batt connection to one end of the fuse - the fuse is good and the 3 speed blower works fine. It will not work without the jumper.

Anybody know where the power to the heater fuse comes from? Other circuits are fine.

2. 71RS6SPD

71RS6SPD Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2016
    It's a 71 RS with No AC.

I've been driving with gloves and a hat. No rear glass yet. Just now have door glass but no weather strip so they are not rolled up near all the way. bbrr

3. 71RS6SPD

71RS6SPD Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I found it.. There is a brown wire in the OEM harness ending with a female spade terminal. It needs to be plugged into the center of the fuse panel (acc power). Once this wire is powered up, the heater fuse and switch are powered. All is well. Heat tomorrow!