Heat in Garage

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by ErikNORCAL, Jul 31, 2013.

1. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    UPDATE*******Let me tell you, this has been the best $300 or so that I have ever spent in my life. Garage has been a beautiful 60° or so all winter. And it's been one the the coldest winters we've had in many years. Many nights -10° or more. Money WELL SPENT :cool:

2. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    That looks like the one id be needing for my garage , i was just looking at it and Lizzie gave me the green light to put it in next fall, after i finish the retaining walls outside 1st lol, She knows ill put that on the back burner if i get the heater b4 then :p

3. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    i only want to keep the heat @ around 50-55 in the garage , but my bedroom is right next to the garage, so thatll help keep the bedroom warmer in the winter also

4. Glava

Glava Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    [​IMG]
    I just had a Reznor heater installed. It runs on natural gas and has a program able thermostat.
    It is 60K BTU and very efficient, but fairly pricy @ $1,800.00, plus installation. I do like the fact that it is power vented to the outside, so that there is no concern with fumes and moisture in my garage.
    I'll leave it @ 40f most often and crank it up when I want to work on my cars.

5. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    i dont do alot w/ my car(parked for the winter) or to it in the garage due to no heat, but like you i want the option to be able to , if i can keep it @ 50-55 thatll offset the heating costs to the rest of the house also , so thats a plus and if need be i can work on the car in the winter and not have to do it in early spring and take away precious east coast driving season time