Half Camaro Build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Fink, Oct 14, 2017.

1. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Now I see it... that will look cool!. Just a little Fab work on the firewall/cowl and windshield pillars. I like it, I'd paint it the same as the picture.

2. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT
    Looks like a pretty cool build. Looking forward to more pics. I did the Ackerman shifting on a go-cart, but that's about it.

Fink likes this.
  3. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 5, 2007
    NorthCentral PA
    CamHHRo!

Fink likes this.
  4. Fink

Fink New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    That would fit perfect on a license plate

5. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Fink - Welcome to Nasty Z. Cool project you've got going there.... keep the pics coming.

6. Fink

Fink New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Thanks Mike! I appreciate it. Looking at about $170 for my steering parts at Oriellys, tie rod to tie rod. Probably order them tonight.

7. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    I like the rendition, makes for a good visual of your project for us.

Fink likes this.
  8. Fink

Fink New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    It was crazy. I was brainstorming one night trying to figure out what vehicle I want. After bouncing around I remembered how much I loved everything about my hhr, minus the lack of power and fwd. So I thought doing a rat rod the would be perfect. No one had done it, but a Google search popped up that image. Someone had the idea and drew it up. I'm thinking I'll tuck my rear tires as opposed to being all the way out past the fender. Maybe a 0 offset wheel and some meats out back so they stick out a couple inches.

9. Fink

Fink New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Got all my steering parts and front shocks ordered this afternoon. Oriellys has a $30 coupon if you spend $150 online and have it shipped to your home. Plus free shipping. Inner/outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves, steering link, idler arm, and Monroe front shocks for $166 to my door.

10. Fink

Fink New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Anybody know where the best place to find front caliper brackets is?