Guys next project...........

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by olstyle, Jul 4, 2010.

1. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    This will be for a 1970 VW Campervan. I hope the powers that be here on NastyZ will not mind me doing this project thread. I have done some searching for VW forums, but did not find anything like NastyZ. The people and this site are simply the best out there! I've found a few VW forums where people ask questions and it takes days or even weeks for answers. One forum a guy asked a question about his campervan shutting down after it gets hot on 5/21/10 and to this day still has not gotten a reply :eek: that is just not right!

So here goes....................... We put up the portable garage today which will be used to store the van while I am not working on it, maybe put my camaro in it for the weekends and the van in the garage. Who knows lol will cross that bridge when I get there lol.
    Hopefully we can get the van here tomorrow for some pics and evaluate what needs to be done. I am told the body is in pretty good condition for it's age. I am sure it will need some metal work, also I will be painting it after sanding to bare metal. Think that is about till tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1981.Camaro.Z28

1981.Camaro.Z28 New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Waverly, WV
    Sounds like a interesting project. I'll be looking forward to see your progress. Good Luck!

3. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Thanks, can't wait till tomorrow and get my plan of attack goin

4. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    So what is the inspiration for this? Just something your son in law has always wanted to do? I assume there is some history there to do a 70 Campervan project.

5. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Well I am bored all the time now so I need something to do and can't afford to buy another car now so this should keep me busy for a while. My daughters boy friend doesn't really have the time or experiance for body work, it has been sitting in his dads garage for about 5 yrs now. So, he gets his van done and driveable and I can make some extra $$$. So everybody is happy :)

6. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    Lol Guy.... First order of business is to park the Camaro in the "new" garage

Then you can get Rick's help.... He likes "dismantling"

7. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Gotta check my insurance poilcy first, camaro may need to be in a locked garage :confused: (not sure)

Think that's the best idea I've heard all day lol

8. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Woops, I called him your son in law. That is DEFINITELY not the case. :eek:

So you stand to make some money off this, not bad.

9. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    That's ok lol maybe "future" son-in-law

10. 1981.Camaro.Z28

1981.Camaro.Z28 New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Waverly, WV

I know the feeling. My wife decided that life would be better off without me. Geez... A fella works hard and provides EVERYTHING for his wife. I absolutely adored her and was never anything but loving towards her.... Even her mom can't figure my wife out anymore. She sits in her apartment and does nothing all day, everyday.... Oh well... Divorce papers were filed this past Tuesday......

So, I figured it's time to start doing some of the things that I've been wanting to do for a long time. As in, finding myself another Camaro. ;)