Garys70rs

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by gary bickel, May 8, 2015.

1. gary bickel

gary bickel Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    Im looking for layout for low spoiler for 70 camaro can anyone help. Gary

2. jlsug

jlsug Veteran Member

Apr 10, 2012
    iowa
  3. gary bickel

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    Thanks Jlsud I have that drewing but there is no measurement off back of spoiler. Is there anyone out there that has their low spoiler off that could make a layout drawing of holes for me. Gary

4. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Ashburn, Va USA
    Gary,

Mine is 18-1/4" from the edge of the spoiler to the top corner of the deck lid. Use the D80 diagram for the rest...
    IMG_8621 (1).JPG
    IMG_8619.JPG
    IMG_8620.JPG
    Rear Spoiler Layout.JPG

5. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Vancouver, B.C.
    If I was in your position I would use a very thin piece of silly putty perhaps to mark the holes off of the actual spoiler. Alternately you could make a paper template of the hole mounting from your actual spoiler. I would hate to mark out according to the D80 and have the thing not fit great. I am running a 3 piece spoiler but used a spare I had through which I drilled through holes and marked (not practical, I know). All I'm getting at here is your spoiler and trunk may not be as perfect as they were years ago and it is problably best to mark based on where the spoiler fits perfect on your car, not on exactly where GM thought the holes should be. Hope this makes sense.

6. gary bickel

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    Thanks Casper Casper great info not sure i trust D80 totally I had intended to use silly putty but I cant get the inserts out of spoiler (its aftermarket) but i intend to make a reverse templet to locate holes with your and copos info wont be hard. Copo's info should be a stickey I had searched all threads for info and couldnt find what i needed. By way great resto mod your building love your work. Gary

7. gary bickel

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    Sorry Budz didnt realize you posted that many thanks to you. Gary

8. gary bickel

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    Ok my friends my new rims came in their 15x4.5 american raceing rims for front and im needing help on which tires to put on front looking at either 26/6/15 mickey thompson or28/6/15 not sure 28 will fit or look right. Any in put would sure help. Gary